- MP5-20F3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-6, B cell stimulating factor-2 (BSF-2), Cytotoxic T cell differentiation factor (CDF), Hepatocyte stimulating factor (HSF), Hybridoma/plasmacytoma growth factor (HPGF)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor that stimulates the growth and survivability of certain B cells and T cells. IL-6 plays a role in host defense, acute phase reactions, immune responses, and hematopoiesis. IL-6 is expressed by T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells and keratinocytes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-7-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-6
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA applications, a concentration range of 0.5 – 2.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of mouse IL-6 recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 8 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. For ELISPOT applications, a concentration range of 4.0 - 8.0 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture1-3,11 or ELISPOT Capture4,5: The purified MP5-20F3 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MP5-32C11 antibody (Cat. No. 504602) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-6 (Cat. No. 575709) as the standard. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled MP5-20F3 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-6 -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Neutralization1-2,8-10: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-6 bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. Nos. 504511-504516).
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: In Vivo Capture7, and immunohistochemical staining (paraformaldehyde-fixed/saponin-treated6, and acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections13, 14).
Note: For testing mouse IL-6 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. Nos. 431301 to 431306) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Abrams J, et al. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20. (ELISA Capture)
- Fujihashi K, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. Meth. 160:181. (ELISPOT Capture)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISPOT Capture)
- Litton M, et al. 1994. J. Immunol Meth. 175:47. (IHC)
- Finkelman F, et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons, New York. Unit 6.28. (In Vivo Capture)
- Starnes HF Jr, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:4185. (Neut)
- Riedemann NC, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:503. (Neut)
- Rochman I, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:4761. (Neut)
- O'Connell PJ, et al. 2006. Blood 107:1010. (ELISA Capture)
- Ozeki Y, et al. 2010. Int. Immunol. 22:179. PubMed
- Galie M, et al. 2005. Carcinogenesis 26:1868 (IHC)
- Schone MP, et al. 2000. J Immunol 165:6583 (IHC)
- Keswani T, et al. 2014. Exp Parasitol. 141:82. PubMed
- Notley CA, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 194:1621. PubMed
AB_2814417 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504511)
AB_2814418 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504512)
AB_2814419 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504513)
AB_2814420 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504514)
AB_2814421 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504515)
AB_2814422 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504516)
- Neuropoietic cytokine family; 22-29 kD (Mammalian)
- Hematopoiesis; antigen-specific immune responses, inflammatory reactions; acute phase reaction
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, mesangium, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, hepatocytes, cholinergic neurons
- Heterodimer IL-6Rα (CD126)/IL-6Rβ (CD130; gp130)
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hirano T. 1998. Intl. Rev. Immunol. 16:249.
3. Patterson P. 1992. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2:94.
4. Van Oers M, et al. 1993. Ann. Hematology 66:219.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF, PDGF, IFN-β, TNF-α, NGF, IL-17; downregulated by glucocorticoids IL-4, TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 16193 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|PE anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-20F3||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-20F3||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, IHC-F|
|APC anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-20F3||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-6 (Maxpar® Ready)||MP5-20F3||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-6||MP5-20F3||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, IHC-F|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.