- MQ2-13A5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-6, B cell stimulating factor-2 (BSF-2), Cytotoxic T cell differentiation factor (CDF), Hepatocyte stimulating factor (HSF), Hybridoma/plasmacytoma growth factor (HPGF)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|501125||100 µg||165,00 CHF|
|501126||1 mg||590,00 CHF|
IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor that stimulates the growth and survival of certain B cells and T cells. IL-6 plays a role in host defense, acute phase reactions, immune response, and hematopoiesis. IL-6 is expressed by T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells, and keratinocytes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-7- expressed, recombinant human IL-6
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICFC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISPOT capture antibody, a concentration range of 2.0 - 8.0 µg/ml is recommended. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-6 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1-3,7: The purified MQ2-13A5 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MQ2-39C3 antibody (Cat. No. 501202) as the detecting antibody.
Neutralization1-3,5,6: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-6 bioactivity (Cat. No. 501110). The MQ2-13A5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-6.
Additional applications (for the relevant formats) include: intracellular flow cytometry10.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams JS. 2001. Curr. Protoc. Immunol. Unit 6.20.
- Gaines Das R, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Methods 160:147.
- Enriquez J, et al. 2002. Adv. Perit Dial. 18:177.
- Zou JP, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:4882.
- Wyant TL, et al. 1999. Infect. Immun. 67:1338.
- Lesmeister MJ, et al. 2005. Reprod. Biol. Endocrinol. 3:74.
- Terasaka Y, et al. 2010. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 51:2441 PubMed
- Girndt M, et al. 1998. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 9:1689.
- Product Citations
AB_2810625 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501125)
AB_2810626 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501126)
- Neuropoietic cytokine family; 26 kD (Mammalian)
- Hematopoiesis; antigen-specific immune responses, inflammatory reactions; acute phase reaction
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, mesangium, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, hepatocytes, cholinergic neurons
- Heterodimer IL-6Rα (CD126)/IL-6Rβ (CD130; gp130)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hirano T. 1998. Int. Rev. Immunol. 16:249.
3. Patterson P. 1992. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2:94.
4. van Oers M, et al. 1993. Ann. Hematol. 66:219.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF, PDGF, IFN-β, TNF-α, NGF, and IL-17; downregulated by glucocorticoids IL-4 and TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3569 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.