- 30-F11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T200, Ly-5, LCA
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 2 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD45 is a 180-240 kD glycoprotein also known as the leukocyte common antigen (LCA), T200, or Ly-5. It is a member of the protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) family, expressed on all hematopoietic cells except mature erythrocytes and platelets. There are different isoforms of CD45 that arise from variable splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6, which encode A, B, and C determinants, respectively. CD45 plays a key role in TCR and BCR signal transduction. These isoforms are very specific to the activation and maturation state of the cell as well as cell type. The primary ligands for CD45 are galectin-1, CD2, CD3, CD4, TCR, CD22, and Thy-1.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated biotin.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 30-F11 reacts with all isoforms and both CD45.1 and CD45.2 alloantigens of CD45.
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation3, complement-dependent cytotoxicity1,5, immunohistochemistry (acetone-fixed frozen sections, zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections)4,6 and Western blotting7. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 103163 and 103164).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Podd BS, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:6532. (FC, CMCD) PubMed
- Haynes NM, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5099. (FC)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1979. Immunol. Rev. 47:63. (IP)
- Simon DI, et al. 2000. J. Clin. Invest. 105:293. (IHC)
- Seaman WE. 1983. J. Immunol. 130:1713. (CMCD)
- Cornet A, et al. 2001. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:13306. (IHC)
- Tsuboi S and Fukuda M. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273:30680. (WB) PubMed
- Liu F, et al. 2012. Blood. 119:3295. PubMed
- Pelletier AN, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:5561. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_312968 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103103)
AB_312969 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103104)
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) family, 180-240 kD
All hematopoietic cells except mature erythrocytes and platelets
- Phosphatase, T and B cell activation
- Galectin-1, CD2, CD3, CD4, TCR, CD22, Thy-1
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Trowbridge IS, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 12:85.
3. Kishihara K, et al. 1993. Cell 74:143.
4. Pulido R, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 140:3851.
- Gene ID
- 19264 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD45 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.