- RMT3-23 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing 3 protein, hepatitis virus cellular receptor 2, CD366
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD366 (Tim-3) is a transmembrane protein also known as T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein-3. Tim-3 is expressed at high levels on Th1 lymphocytes and CD11b+ macrophages. Tim-3 has also been shown to exist as a soluble protein. Cells expressing Tim-3 are present at high levels in the CNS of animals at the onset of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), a disease mediated by lymphocytes secreting Th1-like cytokines. Tim-3 has been proposed to inhibit Th1-mediated immune responses and promote immunological tolerance.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block, IHC-F - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: in vitro1 and in vivo2 blocking of Tim-3, and immunohistochemical staining of frozen sections2. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 119707).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nakae S, et al. 2007. Blood 110(7):2565-8. (FC, Block)
- Oikawa T, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177(7):4281-7. (FC, Block, IHC)
- Transmembrane protein containing immunoglobulin domain and mucin-like domain; predicted molecular weight 31 kD; can exist as a soluble form lacking mucin and transmembrane domains
Expressed on activated Th1 lymphocytes and CD11b+ macrophages
- May play a role in the development of immune responses and the development of Th1-mediated responses
- Putative ligand on resting CD4+ lymphocytes
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Th1
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Sabatos CA, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:1102.
2. Sanchez-Fueyo A, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:1102.
3. Kuchroo VK, et al. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:454.
4. Mooney L, et al. 2002. Nature 415:536.
- Gene ID
- 171285 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD366 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.