- BP53-12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor protein p53 (TP53)
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
p53 is a 53 kD protein that forms tetramers and functions as a tumor suppressor and transcriptional activator of genes that inhibit growth and/or invasion, cell cycle checkpoint after irradiation, DNA repair, apoptotic induction, signal transduction, and cell adhesion. This protein is localized to the nucleus when activated and can be upregulated by genotoxic or other cellular stresses. p53 is modified by phosphorylation, acetylation, ribosylation, ubiquitination, and sumoylation; ubiquination targets p53 for degradation via mdm2. This protein interacts with a variety of proteins including mdm2, mdmx, topoisomerase I, PML3, Bcl-XL, Bcl-2, Chk1, JNK, p38, HIPK2, CK2, DNA-PK, p300/CBP, PCAF, PARP1, and HDAC1-3. Mutant p53 associates with p63 and p73.Product Details
- Human, non-human primates
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Amino acid: 20-25 of human p53
- This antibody is provided in Tris-buffered solution, pH 8.0, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- This antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ChIP - Verified
IHC-P - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 5 µg per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. The recommended starting antibody to chromatin ratio is 1 µg of antibody and 5 µg of chromatin per IP. Optimal antibody to chromatin ratio should be determined by the end user. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Terada T, et al. 1994. Mod. Pathol. 7:249. (IHC)
- Lanoix D, et al. 2013. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 381:35. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_439766 (BioLegend Cat. No. 628201)
AB_439767 (BioLegend Cat. No. 628202)
- Tetramer; 53 kD
Nuclear when activated
- Tumor suppressor, transcriptional activator of genes that inhibit growth and/or invasion, cell cycle checkpoint after irradiation, DNA repair, apoptotic induction, signal transduction, cell adhesion
- mdm2, mdmx, TopoI, PML3, Bcl-XL, Bcl-2, Chk1, JNK, p38, HIPK2, CK2, DNA-PK, p300/CBP, PCAF, PARP1, HDAC1-3; mutant p53 associates with p63, p73
- Phosphorylation, Acetylation, Ribosylation, Ubiquitination, Sumoylation
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Vogelstein B, et al. 1992. Cell. 70:523.
2. Shieh S, et al. 1997. Cell. 91:325.
3. Mihara M, et al. 2003. Mol. Cell 11:577.
4. Saito S, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:37536.
- Ubiquinated for degradation via mdm2. Upregulated by genotoxic or other cellular stresses
- Gene ID
- 7157 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about p53 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.