- MI15 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD138, a member of the syndecan protein family, is a type I integral membrane heparin sulfate proteoglycan also known as Syndecan-1. Syndecan-1 participates in cell proliferation, cell migration, and cell-matrix adhesion via interaction with collagen, fibronectin, and other soluble molecules (such as FGF-basic). It is expressed on normal and malignant human plasma cells, pre-B cells, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells, but not on mature circulating B-lymphocytes. It is also expressed on some non-hematopoietic cells, including embryonic mesenchymal cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, endothelial cells, and neural cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- A mixture of U266 and XG-1 human myeloma cell lines.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
The epitope recognized by MI15 is found within the ectodomain of the CD138 core protein. It has been reported that MI15 blocks the binding of clone B-B4 but not clone DL-101 by flow cytometric analysis. Clones DL-101 and MI15 exhibit differential staining patterns on in vitro generated plasma cells and some CD138+ cell lines.4
Additional reported applications for the relevant formats include: immunofluorescent staining1, Western blotting2, immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded frozen tissue sections3, and spatial biology (IBEX)5,6.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Costes V, et al. 1999. Hum. Pathol. 30:1405. (IF)
- Gattei V, et al. 1999. Br. J. Haematol. 104:152. (WB)
- Bologna-Molina R, et al. 2008. Oral Oncol. 44:805. (IHC)
- Itoua MR, et al. 2014. Biomed. Res. Int. 2014:536482.
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 117:33455-33465. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2561897 (BioLegend Cat. No. 356509)
AB_2561898 (BioLegend Cat. No. 356510)
- 100-200 kD type I integral transmembrane glycoprotein
Plasma cells, pre-B cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells
- Adhesion, controls cell morphology, regulates cell growth
- FGFb, collagen, fibronectin
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Plasma cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Sanderson RD, et al. 1992. Cell. Regul. 1:27.
2. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules: The CD Markers. Wiley-Liss A John Wiley & Sons Inc, Publication.
- Gene ID
- 6382 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD138 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Other FormatsView All CD138 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
PE anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Purified anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
APC anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
FITC anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-A0055 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Biotin anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-C0055 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-B0055 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-D0055 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Spark Violet™ 500 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)