- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-6 Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|431307||1 Pre-coated Plate||£241|
Mouse IL-6 (other names include B-cell Stimulatory Factor 2, Interferon Beta-2, Hybridoma Growth Factor, and Cytotoxic T-Cell Differentiation Factor) plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into imunoglobin-secreting cells, it induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth, induces nerve cell differentiation, and in hepatocytes it induces acute phase reactant proteins. IL-6 is expressed by T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells, and keratinocytes. Current research supports IL-6 as playing a critical role in many physiological and pathological conditions, including autoimmune diseases and rheumatoid arthritis.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Mouse IL-6 ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, a Mouse IL-6 specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Mouse IL-6ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of Mouse IL-6 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Mouse IL-6 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Mouse IL-6 Dectection Antibody
- Mouse IL-6 Standard
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution E
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Verified Reactivity
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Liang G, et al. 2009. Eur J Med Chem. 44:915. PubMed
- Product Citations
- 2 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8-500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, mesangium, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 16193 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.