- 3C7 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- IL-2Rα, Ly-43, p55, Tac
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD25 is a 55 kD glycoprotein, also known as the low affinity IL-2Rα, Ly-43, p55, or Tac. It is expressed on activated T and B cells, thymocyte subset, pre-B cells, and T regulatory cells. In association with CD122 (IL-2Rβ) and CD132(common γ chain), CD25 forms the high affinity signaling IL-2 receptor.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- IL-2-dependent BALB/c mouse helper T-cell clone HT-2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Brilliant Violet 421™ and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of IL-2 binding to low- and high-affinity receptors1,2, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections. 3C7 antibody recognizes different epitope of PC61 antibody (Cat. No. 102002). The LEAF™Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 101906).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ortega RG, et al. 1984. J. Immunol. 133:1970. (Block)
- Moreau JL, et al. 1987. Eur. J. Immunol. 17:929. (Block)
- Forms high affinity IL-2R with IL-2Rβ (CD122) and IL-2Rγ (CD132), 55 kD
Activated T cells and B cells, thymocyte subset, pre-B cells, T regulatory cells
- IL-2 receptor, signal transduction
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Taniguchi T, et al. 1993. Cell 73:5.
2. Waldmann TA. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:2681.
3. Read S, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:295.
4. Lowenthal JW, et al. 1985. J. Immunol. 135:3988.
- Gene ID
- 16184 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD25 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.