- Bu20a (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
BrdU is a uridine derivative and a structural analog of thymidine that can be incorporated into DNA during the S-phase of the cell cycle as a substitute for thymidine. Cells can be pulse-labeled with BrdU and analyzed with antibodies against BrdU to determine the proportion of cells in the S-phase of the cell cycle during a given interval.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent intracellular staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include: immunohistochemical staining of formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_10900446 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339807)
AB_10895898 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339808)
- Uridine derivative that can be incorporated into DNA and substitute for thymidine residues.
- Cells can be pulsed labeled with BrdU which will be incorporated into DNA during the synthesis phase of the cell cycle.
- Antibody against BrdU can be used to identify cells undergoing DNA replication during the period of BrdU incorporation.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Gratzner HG. 1982. Science 218:474.
2. Dolbeare F, et al. 1983. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 80:5573.
3. Dolbeare F, et al. 1985. Cytometry 6:521.
- Gene ID
- View information about BrdU on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.