- BNI3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CTLA4, Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte Antigen 4, CTLA-4
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD152, also known as Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte Antigen 4 (CTLA-4), is a 33 kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is transiently expressed on activated T cells. CTLA-4 is expressed on the surface of helper T cells and transmits an inhibitory signal to T cells. Regulatory T cells express high levels of CTLA-4. CTLA-4 (CD152) is similar to CD28 in amino acid sequence, structure, and genomic organization. Whereas CD28 delivers a costimulatory signal in T cell activation, CTLA-4 negatively regulates cell-mediated immune responses through interaction with CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2) present on antigen presenting cells (APC). CTLA-4 is thought to play a role in the induction and maintenance of immunological tolerance as well as the development of protective immunity and thymocyte regulation.
Mutations in the CTLA-4 gene have been associated with various autoimmune diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, and other autoimmune diseases. A transcript of the CTLA-4 gene that may represent a native soluble form of CTLA-4 (sCTLA-4) showed that eleven of twenty patients with autoimmune thyroid disease (ATD) had a high concentration of sCTLA-4, whereas only 1 of 30 apparently healthy volunteers contained measurable levels. sCTLA-4 immunoreactivity was inhibited by its binding to B7.1, suggesting that sCTLA-4 is a functional receptor. sCTLA-4 also plays a role in the initial immune response to infection of immune cells by HIV, along with the CD-1 pathway and others.
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Extracellular domain of human CTLA-4 and constant regions of the human IgG heavy chain (CTLA-4/IgG)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICFC - Quality tested
FC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For intracellular flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Based on in-house testing, we do not recommend using clone BNI3 for immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded tissue section.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Linsley PS, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:1595.
- Bonzheim I, et al. 2008. Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 130:613.
- Product Citations
AB_2566610 (BioLegend Cat. No. 369602)
- Ig superfamily and 33 kD.
Activated T cells and B cells.
- Negative regulator of T cell activation.
- Antigen presenting cells, such as dendritic cells.
- B7-1 (CD80), B7-2 (CD86).
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Kuiper HM, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 155:1776.
2. Castan J, et al. 1997. Immunology 90:265.
3. Lee CC, et al. 2009. Pediatr. Allergy Immunol. 20:624.
4. Pistillo MP, et al. 2003. Blood 101:202.
5. Tan PH, et al. 2005. Blood. 106:2936.
6. Steiner K, et al. 2001. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 126:143.
- Gene ID
- 1493 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD152 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
PE anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
Biotin anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
APC anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
TotalSeq™-A0151 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
TotalSeq™-C0151 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
TotalSeq™-B0151 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4) Antibody
Brilliant Violet™ 711 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
TotalSeq™-D0151 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)