- TER-119 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|116239||50 µg||265 CHF|
The TER-119 antigen is a 52 kD glycophorin A-associated protein, also known as Ly-76. TER-119 is an erythroid-specific antigen expressed on early proerythroblasts to mature erythrocytes, but not on erythroid colony-forming cells (BFU-E, blast-forming unit erythroid, or CFU-E, colony-forming unit erythroid).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Day-14 fetal liver cells from a C57BL/6 mouse
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 605™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 605™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 603 nm. The bandpass filter 610/20 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 605™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The TER-119 antibody is useful for distinguishing erythrocytes and cells in the erythroid lineage. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, Western blotting1, complement-mediated cytotoxicity3, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 116253-116258).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kina T, et al. 2000. Br. J. Haematol. 109:280. (IP, WB)
- Vannucchi AM, et al. 2000. Blood 95:2559.
- Maraskovsky E, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:1953. (CMCD)
- Grisendi S, et al. 2005. Nature 437:147. (FC)
- Bourdeau A, et al. 2007. Blood 109:4220.
- Chappaz S, et al. 2007. Blood 110:3862. (FC)
- Heuser M, et al. 2007. Blood 110:1639. (FC)
- Gough SM, et al. 2014. Cancer Discov. 4:564. PubMed
AB_2562447 (BioLegend Cat. No. 116239)
- Associated with glycophorin A, 52 kD
Early proerythroblast to mature erythrocyte, but not BFU-E and CFU-E
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
1. Kina T, et al. 2000. Br. J. Haematol. 109:280.
2. Ikuta K, et al. 1990. Cell 62:863.
3. Osawa M, et al. 1996. Weir's Handbook of Experimental Immunology. Vol. 2 pp. 66.1-66.5.
- Gene ID
- 104231 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TER-119 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.