- 13A3-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3, Acute-phase response factor, APRF, HIES
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|651009||25 tests||165 CHF|
|651010||100 tests||375 CHF|
Tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT3 at Tyr705 occurs in response to LIF, IL-6, leptin, OSM, EGF, PDGF, and HGF. It plays a key role in cell growth and apoptosis through mediating expression of a variety of genes in response to the stimuli.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- KLH conjugated modified synthetic peptide
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Whole Blood Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The STAT3 Phospho (Tyr705) antibody recognizes the regulatory tyrosine phosphorylation of human STAT3 protein and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.
- Product Citations
AB_2572087 (BioLegend Cat. No. 651009)
AB_2572088 (BioLegend Cat. No. 651010)
- STAT3 is a 770 amino acid protein of 88 kD. It consists of a DNA binding domain, a SH2 domain, a regulatory tyrosine responsible for binding of SH2 domain, and a C-terminal transactivation domain.
- STAT3 is tyrosine phosphorylated by receptor kinases in response to a variety of cytokines and growth factors. It forms homo- or heterodimer with STAT1 when tyrosine is phosphorylated, and then translocates to nucleus, acting as a transcription regulator. It is also essential for the differentiation of TH17 cells, which is involved in autoimmune diseases.
- Cell Sources
- Cytoplasm. Translocate to nucleus in response to tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Akira S, et al. 1994. Cell 77:63.
2. Zhang X, et al. 1995. Science 267:1990.
3. Sanchez-Margalet V, et al. 2001. Cell. Immunol. 211:30.
4. Simon A, et al. 2000. Science 290:144.
5. Hoey T, et al. 1999. Adv. Immunol. 71:145.
- The small GTPase Rac1 binds and regulates activity of STAT3.
- Gene ID
- 6774 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT3 Phospho on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.