- 1F4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T cell antigen receptor complex, T3
- Mouse IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD3 is a complex composed of δ, γ, ε, and ζ chains. They are 20-25 kD members of the immunoglobulin superfamily and associated with the T cell receptor (TCR). CD3 is expressed on thymocytes, peripheral T cells, some NK-T cells, and dendritic epidermal T cells. CD3 is involved in antigen recognition, signal transduction, and T cell activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- F344 rat spleen cells stimulated with PMA and calcium ionophore
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Immobilized 1F4 antibody can induce T cell proliferation in vitro. Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections1 and formaldehyde- fixed paraffin embedded sections4,5 immunofluorescence microscopy3, in vivo activation of T cell responses1, and in vivo inhibition of T cell responses2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Tanaka T, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:2791. (Activ, IHC, IP)
- Nicholls MR, et al. 1993. Transplantation 55:459. (Block)
- Elbe A, et al. 1993. J. Invest. Dermatol. 102:74. (IF)
- Baba T, et al. 2006. Blood 107:2004. (IHC)
- Fujishiro J, et al. 2010. Am. J. Transplant. 10:1545-55. (IHC-P)
- Li X, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:3955. (FC) PubMed
AB_2860751 (BioLegend Cat. No. 201415)
AB_2860752 (BioLegend Cat. No. 201416)
- Ig superfamily, approximately 20-25 kD
Thymocytes, peripheral T cells, dendritic epidermal T cells, NK-T cells
- Antigen recognition, TCR signal transduction, T cell activation
- Peptide antigen/MHC complex
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Tanaka T, et al. 1989 J. Immunol. 142:2791.
2. Elbe A, et al. 1993. J. Invest. Dermatol. 102:74.
- Gene ID
- 25710 View all products for this Gene ID 300678 View all products for this Gene ID 315609 View all products for this Gene ID 25300 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.