- 5F1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GITRL, AITRL, TNFSF18, TL6
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
GITR ligand (GITRL) is a member of the TNF superfamily, also known as TNFSF18 or TL6. It is expressed on B cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, and endothelial cells. The expression of GITRL on the dendritic cell surface can be transiently upregulated, and then rapidly downregulated, by LPS stimulation. GITRL binds to its receptor, GITR, to costimulate T cell activation, proliferation, and cytokine production, inhibit the suppressive functions of CD4+CD25+ Tregs, and induce macrophage activation. GITR-GITRL interaction has been implicated as an essential regulator of the immune response to self antigens and phathogens.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additonal reported applications (for relevant formats of thes clone) include: inhibition of GITR-GITRL mediated T cell proliferation and reversing Treg-mediated suppression1.
The following patents apply to clone 5F1: U.S. Patent Serial No. 7,618,632 and Japan Patent Serial No. 4638876.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Stephens GL, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:5008. (Block)
AB_2563295 (BioLegend Cat. No. 147402)
- TNF superfamily member
- B cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, endothelial cells
- Binds GITR receptor to costimulate T cell activation, proliferation, and cytokine production; inhibits the suppressive activities of CD4+CD25+ Tregs
- Cell Type
- B cells, Macrophages, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
1. Tone M, et al. 2003. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:15059.
2. Kim JD, et al. 2003. Genes Immun. 4:564.
3. Yu KY, et al. 2003. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 310:433.
4. Shin HH, et al. 2002. Cytokine 19:187.
- Gene ID
- 240873 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GITR Ligand on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.