- 5F1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GITRL, AITRL, TNFSF18, TL6
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
GITR ligand (GITRL) is a member of the TNF superfamily, also known as TNFSF18 or TL6. It is expressed on B cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, and endothelial cells. The expression of GITRL on the dendritic cell surface can be transiently upregulated, and then rapidly downregulated, by LPS stimulation. GITRL binds to its receptor, GITR, to costimulate T cell activation, proliferation, and cytokine production, inhibit the suppressive functions of CD4+CD25+ Tregs, and induce macrophage activation. GITR-GITRL interaction has been implicated as an essential regulator of the immune response to self antigens and phathogens.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additonal reported applications (for relevant formats of thes clone) include: inhibition of GITR-GITRL mediated T cell proliferation and reversing Treg-mediated suppression1.
The following patents apply to clone 5F1: U.S. Patent Serial No. 7,618,632 and Japan Patent Serial No. 4638876.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Stephens GL, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:5008. (Block)
AB_2832526 (BioLegend Cat. No. 147407)
AB_2832527 (BioLegend Cat. No. 147408)
- TNF superfamily member
B cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, endothelial cells
- Binds GITR receptor to costimulate T cell activation, proliferation, and cytokine production; inhibits the suppressive activities of CD4+CD25+ Tregs
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Macrophages, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
1. Tone M, et al. 2003. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:15059.
2. Kim JD, et al. 2003. Genes Immun. 4:564.
3. Yu KY, et al. 2003. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 310:433.
4. Shin HH, et al. 2002. Cytokine 19:187.
- Gene ID
- 240873 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GITR Ligand on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-mouse GITR Ligand||5F1||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0880 anti-mouse GITR Ligand||5F1||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse GITR Ligand||5F1||FC, Block|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.