- 5E8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CC CKR3, MIP1-alpha receptor like-2, eotaxin receptor, CD193, CCR3
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD193, also known as CC-chemokine receptor 3 (CCR3), CC CKR3, MIP1-alpha receptor like-2, and eotaxin receptor, is a member of the G protein-coupled seven transmembrane receptors family. It binds to the CC chemokines eotaxin, eotaxin-2, and eotaxin-3 with high affinity. CCR3 has also been reported to bind RANTES, MCP-3, and MCP-4 with low affinity. CCR3 receptor is expressed on human eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, mononuclear phagocytes, platelets, CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells, Th2-like lymphocytes, and keratinocytes. CCR3 is thought to play a role in allergic diseases such as bronchial asthma and allergic rhinitis. CCR3 is a co-receptor for HIV-1 and HIV-2, and the binding of eotaxin with CCR3 has been shown to inhibit HIV infection in some cell types.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemistry on paraffin-embedded tissue, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: The 5E8 antibody is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis of CCR3 expression.
It has been observed that the 5E8 antibody clone can interact with PE/Cy7 antibody conjugates during multi-color staining, potentially leading to unwanted staining. This interaction can be resolved by sequentially staining with the 5E8 antibody first and then followed by the PE/Cy7 conjugate of interest.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Beauvillian C, et al. 2011. Blood 117:1196. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_345394 (BioLegend Cat. No. 310702)
- G-protein coupled seven transmembrane domain receptor, 356 amino acids
Eosinophils, basophils, mast, mononuclear phagocytes, platelets, CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor, Th2, keratinocytes
- Co-receptor for HIV-1 and HIV-2, allergy
- Eotaxin, eotaxin-2, eotaxin-3
- Cell Type
- Eosinophils, Erythrocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Mast cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, GPCR
- Antigen References
1. Gerard W, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 183:2437.
2. Uguccioni C, et al. 1997. J. Clin. Invest. 100:1137.
3. Sallusto F, et al. 1997. Science. 277:2005.
4. Loetscher P, et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:2986.
- Upregulated by high affinity Fc IgE receptor ligation (mast cells), RANTES (keratinocytes), IFNg (monocytes, neutrophils), HIV tat protein (basophils), IL-3, IL-5 and GM-CSF (CD34+ progenitor cells), IL-2 and IL-4(T cells). Downregulated by IL-
- Gene ID
- 1232 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD193 on UniProt.org
- Does staining at room temperature or even at 37°C help for checking chemokine receptors expression?
Due to continuous recycling of many chemokine receptors, it may be worthwhile to consider staining at room temperature or at 37°C if the staining at lower temperature (which can potentially reduce receptor turnover) is not optimal.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.