- 429 (MVCAM.A) (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- VCAM-1, INCAM-110
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD106 is a 110 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked transmembrane protein, also known as VCAM-1 and INCAM-110. It is constitutively expressed on bone marrow stromal cells, myeloid progenitors, splenic dendritic cells, activated endothelial cells, as well as some lymphocytes. CD106 expression can be upregulated on endothelial cells by inflammatory cytokines. CD106 is involved in adhesion and acts as a counter-receptor for VLA-4 (α4/β1 integrin) and LPAM-1 (α4/β7 integrin). The 429 antibody has been reported to partially block VCAM-1-mediated binding.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse preadipose cell line PA6
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining2,3,5-7 of acetone-fixed frozen sections, blocking4,5,8 of ligand binding in vitro and in vivo, immunoprecipitation1 , and spacial biology (IBEX)11,12. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 105727 & 105728).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kinashi T, et al. 1995. J. Leukoc. Biol. 57:168. (IP)
- Koni PA, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 193:741. (IHC)
- Ishiyama N, et al. 1998. Pathobiology 66:274. (IHC)
- Kinashi T, et al. 1994. Blood Cells 20:25. (Block)
- Baron JL, et al. 1994. J. Clin. Invest. 93:1700. (Block IHC)
- Buck CA, et al. 1996. Cell Adhes. Commun. 4:69. (IHC)
- Hata H, et al. 2004. J. Clin. Invest. 114:582. (IHC)
- Meunier MC, et al. 2005. Nature Medicine 11:1222. (Block) PubMed
- Monnier J, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 189:956. PubMed
- Motohashi N, et al. 2013. J Cell Sci. 126:2678. PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:33455-65. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
AB_2819809 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105727)
AB_2819810 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105728)
- Ig superfamily, 47 kD
Bone marrow stromal cells, myeloid progenitors, splenic dendritic cells, activated endothelial cells
- VLA-4 (α4/β1 integrin) and LPAM-1 (α4/β7 integrin)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Kinashi T, et al. 1995. J. Leukoc. Biol. 57:168.
3. Bevilacquea MP. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:767.
4. Koni PA, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 193:741.
- Gene ID
- 22329 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD106 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Biotin anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC|
|FITC anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC|
|LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC, IHC-F, IP|
|Purified anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC, IHC-F, IP|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC, IHC-F, SB|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC, IHC-F, 3D IHC|
|PE anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||IHC-F|
|TotalSeq™-A0226 anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||FC, IHC-F, IP|
|TotalSeq™-C0226 anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0226 anti-mouse CD106||429 (MVCAM.A)||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD106
FITC anti-mouse CD106
LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD106
Purified anti-mouse CD106
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD106
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD106
PE anti-mouse CD106
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD106
APC anti-mouse CD106
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD106
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD106
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD106
TotalSeq™-A0226 anti-mouse CD106
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD106
TotalSeq™-C0226 anti-mouse CD106
TotalSeq™-B0226 anti-mouse CD106