- 429 (MVCAM.A) (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- VCAM-1, INCAM-110
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD106 is a 110 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked transmembrane protein, also known as VCAM-1 and INCAM-110. It is constitutively expressed on bone marrow stromal cells, myeloid progenitors, splenic dendritic cells, activated endothelial cells, as well as some lymphocytes. CD106 expression can be upregulated on endothelial cells by inflammatory cytokines. CD106 is involved in adhesion and acts as a counter-receptor for VLA-4 (α4/β1 integrin) and LPAM-1 (α4/β7 integrin). The 429 antibody has been reported to partially block VCAM-1-mediated binding.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse preadipose cell line PA6
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 1 mM EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by chromatography and conjugated with TotalSeq™-A oligomer under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated DNA and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
PG - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis and the oligomer sequence is confirmed by sequencing. For Proteogenomics TotalSeq™-A analysis, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
To maximize performance, centrifuge the antibody dilution (1.0 µg of antibody in 100 µl of staining buffer for every 1 million cells) before adding to the cells at 14,000xg at 2 - 8°C for 10 minutes. Carefully pipette out the liquid avoiding the bottom of the tube and add to the cell suspension.
Buyer is solely responsible for determining whether Buyer has all intellectual property rights that are necessary for Buyer's intended uses of the BioLegend TotalSeq™ products. For example, for any technology platform Buyer uses with TotalSeq™, it is Buyer's sole responsibility to determine whether it has all necessary third party intellectual property rights to use that platform and TotalSeq™ with that platform.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining2,3,5-7 of acetone-fixed frozen sections, blocking4,5,8 of ligand binding in vitro and in vivo, and immunoprecipitation1. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 105708).
- Additional Product Notes
TotalSeq™ reagents are designed to profile protein expression at a single cell level following an optimized protocol similar to the CITE-seq workflow. A compatible single cell device (e.g. 10x Genomics Chromium System and Reagents) and sequencer (e.g. Illumina analyzers) are required. Please contact technical support for more information, or visit biolegend.com/totalseq.
The TotalSeq™-A barcode sequence associated with clone 429 (MVCAM.A) is CGTTCCTACCTACCT.
The flanking sequences are CCTTGGCACCCGAGAATTCCA, and the capture sequence, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*A*A, B represents either C, G, or T, and * indicates a phosphorothioated bond, to prevent nuclease degradation.
The full oligomer sequence for this product, with the specific barcode in brackets is CCTTGGCACCCGAGAATTCCA [CGTTCCTACCTACCT]BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*A*A.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kinashi T, et al. 1995. J. Leukoc. Biol. 57:168. (IP)
- Koni PA, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 193:741. (IHC)
- Ishiyama N, et al. 1998. Pathobiology 66:274. (IHC)
- Kinashi T, et al. 1994. Blood Cells 20:25. (Block)
- Baron JL, et al. 1994. J. Clin. Invest. 93:1700. (Block IHC)
- Buck CA, et al. 1996. Cell Adhes. Commun. 4:69. (IHC)
- Hata H, et al. 2004. J. Clin. Invest. 114:582. (IHC)
- Meunier MC, et al. 2005. Nature Medicine 11:1222. (Block) PubMed
- Monnier J, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 189:956. PubMed
- Motohashi N, et al. 2013. J Cell Sci. 126:2678. PubMed
AB_2783044 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105725)
- Ig superfamily, 47 kD
Bone marrow stromal cells, myeloid progenitors, splenic dendritic cells, activated endothelial cells
- Ligand Receptor
- VLA-4 (α4/β1 integrin) and LPAM-1 (α4/β7 integrin)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Kinashi T, et al. 1995. J. Leukoc. Biol. 57:168.
3. Bevilacquea MP. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:767.
4. Koni PA, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 193:741.
- Gene ID
- 22329 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD106 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.