- JES10-5A2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-13, NC30
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-13 is an immunoregulatory cytokine produced primarily by activated Th2 lymphocytes. IL-13 shares 30% amino acid sequence homology with IL-4 and demonstrates similar biological activities. The biological activities of IL-13 include: suppression of macrophage cytotoxic activity, upregulation of IL-1RA expression, and suppression of proinflammatory cytokine secretion. The JES10-5A2 antibody reacts with human interleukin-13 (IL-13). The JES10-5A2 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-13.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed, recombinant human IL-13
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICFC, IHC, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA applications, a concentration range of 1.0 - 4.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-13 recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 8 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1,2: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified JES10-5A2 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5020 antibody (Cat. No. 502001) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- McKenzie, A., et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley & Sons. New York. Section 6.18.
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Schaerli, P., et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:1553.
- Andersson, J., et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
- Skansen-Saphir, U., et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:916.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Gelfand, E. W., et al. 2006. J. Aller. and Clinic. Immunol. 117:577.
- Knorr, C., et al. 1999. Am. J. Pathol. 155:2019.
AB_2820084 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501917)
AB_2820085 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501918)
- Cytokine; 17 kD (Mammalian)
- Suppression of macrophage cytotoxic activity; upregulation of IL-1RA expression; suppression of IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12, chemokines MCP, MIP-1; differentiation of B cells, monocytes
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, mast cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, monocytes, macrophages, basophils
- Moderate affinity IL-13Rα1; high affinity heterodimer IL-13Rα1/IL-4Rα also binds IL-4; both receptor complexes have γ-subunit in common with IL-2R, IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-15R ; high affinity IL-13Rα2 incapable of signaling
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hilton, D., et al. 1996. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93:497.
3. Obiri, N., et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270:8797.
4. Ochensberger, B., et al. 1996. Blood 88:3028.
- IL-13Rα2 possible antagonist
- Gene ID
- 3596 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-13 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.