- JES10-5A2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-13, NC30
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-13 is an immunoregulatory cytokine produced primarily by activated Th2 lymphocytes. IL-13 shares 30% amino acid sequence homology with IL-4 and demonstrates similar biological activities. The biological activities of IL-13 include: suppression of macrophage cytotoxic activity, upregulation of IL-1RA expression, and suppression of proinflammatory cytokine secretion. The JES10-5A2 antibody reacts with human interleukin-13 (IL-13). The JES10-5A2 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-13.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed, recombinant human IL-13
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1,2: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified JES10-5A2 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5020 antibody (Cat. No. 502001) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- McKenzie, A., et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley & Sons. New York. Section 6.18.
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Schaerli, P., et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:1553.
- Andersson, J., et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
- Skansen-Saphir, U., et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:916.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Gelfand, E. W., et al. 2006. J. Aller. and Clinic. Immunol. 117:577.
- Knorr, C., et al. 1999. Am. J. Pathol. 155:2019.
AB_2616747 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501915)
AB_2616748 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501916)
- Cytokine; 17 kD (Mammalian)
- Suppression of macrophage cytotoxic activity; upregulation of IL-1RA expression; suppression of IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12, chemokines MCP, MIP-1; differentiation of B cells, monocytes
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, mast cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, monocytes, macrophages, basophils
- Moderate affinity IL-13Rα1; high affinity heterodimer IL-13Rα1/IL-4Rα also binds IL-4; both receptor complexes have γ-subunit in common with IL-2R, IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-15R ; high affinity IL-13Rα2 incapable of signaling
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hilton, D., et al. 1996. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93:497.
3. Obiri, N., et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270:8797.
4. Ochensberger, B., et al. 1996. Blood 88:3028.
- IL-13Rα2 possible antagonist
- Gene ID
- 3596 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-13 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.