- P44-8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- NKp44, NCR2, Activating NK receptor NKp44, natural cytotoxicity triggering receptor 2. lymphocyte antigen 95 homolog
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD336 is also known as activating NK receptor NKp44 (NKp44), natural cytotoxicity triggering receptor 2, and lymphocyte antigen 95 homolog. It is a type I transmembrane protein, member of the natural cytotoxicity receptor family that contains one immunoglobulin-like domain. NKp44 has an apparent molecular weight of 44 kD and three isoforms are produced by alternative splicing. NKp44 is expressed on IL-2 activated NK cells and a subset of γ/δ T cells. NKp44 enhances NK cell mediated cytolysis of virus infected cells and tumor cells. NKp44 has been shown to associate with the intracellular adaptor DAP12.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- recombinant human NKp44
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The p44-8 antibody against human NKp44 has been shown to be useful for flow cytometry, stimulation of human NK cells via NKp44 in a redirected lysis assay, and blocking of NKp44 function in solution. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: stimulation of human NK cells via NKp44 in a redirected lysis assay, and blocking of NKp44 function in solution1,2. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 325104).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
AB_2819954 (BioLegend Cat. No. 325121)
AB_2819955 (BioLegend Cat. No. 325122)
- Type I transmembrane protein, member of the natural cytotoxicity receptor family, contains one immunoglobulin-like domain. Approximately 44 kD. Three isoforms produced by alternative splicing.
IL-2 activated NK cells and cell lines, some γ/δ T cells activated in vitro
- NK cell triggering of cytolysis toward tumor targets and other target cells deficient in MHC class I molecules
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Cantoni C, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 189:787.
2. Allcock RJN, et al. 2003. Eur. J. Immunol. 33:567.
3. Cantoni C, et al. 2003. Structure. 11:725.
- Gene ID
- 9436 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD336 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.