- SK1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T8, Leu2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Barcode Sequence
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD8a is a 32-34 kD type I glycoprotein. It forms a homodimer (CD8a/a) or heterodimer (CD8a/b) with CD8b. CD8, also known as T8 and Leu2, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily found on the majority of thymocytes, a subset of peripheral blood T cells, and NK cells (which express almost exclusively CD8a homodimers). CD8 acts as a co-receptor with MHC class I-restricted T cell receptors in antigen recognition and T cell activation and has been shown to play a role in thymic differentiation. Two domains in CD8a are important for function: the extracellular IgSF domain binds the α3 domain of MHC class I and the cytoplasmic CXCP motif binds the tyrosine kinase p56 Lck.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: African Green, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Pigtailed Macaque, Rhesus, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 1 mM EDTA
- The antibody was purified by chromatography and conjugated with TotalSeq™-D oligomer under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
PG - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis and the oligomer sequence is confirmed by sequencing. TotalSeq™-D antibodies are compatible with Mission Bio’s Tapestri Single-Cell Sequencing Platform for simultaneous detection of DNA and Protein.
To maximize performance, it is strongly recommended that the reagent be titrated for each application, and that you centrifuge the antibody dilution before adding to the cells at 14,000xg at 2 - 8°C for 10 minutes. Carefully pipette out the liquid avoiding the bottom of the tube and add to the cell suspension. For Proteogenomics analysis, the suggested starting amount of this reagent for titration is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. Refer to the corresponding TotalSeq™ protocol for specific staining instructions.
Buyer is solely responsible for determining whether Buyer has all intellectual property rights that are necessary for Buyer's intended uses of the BioLegend TotalSeq™ products. For example, for any technology platform Buyer uses with TotalSeq™, it is Buyer's sole responsibility to determine whether it has all necessary third party intellectual property rights to use that platform and TotalSeq™ with that platform.
- Application Notes
Clone SK1 recognizes the a chain of CD8. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: proteogenomics8, immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections. This clone was tested in-house and does not demonstrate utility for formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) human tonsil sections.
- Additional Product Notes
TotalSeq™-D reagents are designed to profile protein expression at single cell level. The Mission Bio Tapestri platform and sequencer (e.g. Illumina analyzers) are required. Please contact technical support for more information, or visit biolegend.com/totalseq/single-cell-dna.
The barcode flanking sequences are CGAGATGACTACGCTACTCATGG (PCR handle), and GAGCCGATCTAGTATCTCAGT*C*G (capture sequence). * indicates a phosphorothioated bond, to prevent nuclease degradation.
View more applications data for this product in our Application Technical Notes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:310.
- Campanelli R, et al. 2002. Intl. Immunol. 14:39.
- Evans RL, et al. 1981. Immunol. 78:544.
- Wooldridge L, et al. 2005. J. Bio. Chem. 280:27491.
- Ch'el IL, et al. 2011. J Exp Med. 208:633. PubMed
- Carbone A, et al. 1999. Blood 93:2319. (IHC-F)
- Ahmed A, et al. 2001. J. Pathol. 193:383. (IHC)
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Ig superfamily, homodimer or heterodimer with CD8b, 32-34 kD
Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset, NK cells
- MHC class I co-receptor, thymic differentiation, T cell activation
- MHC Class I molecules
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Gene ID
- 925 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.