- M17/4 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- αL integrin, LFA-1 α subunit, Ly-15, Ly-21, ITGAL
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD11a is a 180 kD glycoprotein, also known as αL integrin, LFA-1 α, Ly-15, or Ly-21. It is a member of the integrin family, primarily expressed on lymphocytes, monocytes/macrophages, and granulocytes. In association with CD18, the CD11a/CD18 complex forms LFA-1. CD11a plays an important role in intercellular adhesion and costimulation by binding its ligands, ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), and ICAM-3 (CD50).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C57BL/6 mouse splenic secondary cytotoxic T cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 1 mM EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by chromatography and conjugated with TotalSeq™-A oligomer under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated DNA and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
PG - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis and the oligomer sequence is confirmed by sequencing. For Proteogenomics TotalSeq™-A analysis, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
To maximize performance, centrifuge the antibody dilution (1.0 µg of antibody in 100 µl of staining buffer for every 1 million cells) before adding to the cells at 14,000xg at 2 - 8°C for 10 minutes. Carefully pipette out the liquid avoiding the bottom of the tube and add to the cell suspension.
Buyer is solely responsible for determining whether Buyer has all intellectual property rights that are necessary for Buyer's intended uses of the BioLegend TotalSeq™ products. For example, for any technology platform Buyer uses with TotalSeq™, it is Buyer's sole responsibility to determine whether it has all necessary third party intellectual property rights to use that platform and TotalSeq™ with that platform.
- Application Notes
The M17/4 antibody can block CD11a-mediated cellular adhesion. Additional reported applications of this antibody (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2, in vitro blocking of cell-cell adhesion1,2 and FOXP3 expression5, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections3. The M17/4 antibody does not block the binding of 2D7 antibody (Cat. No. 101002) to CD11a. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 101110). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 101118) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
- Additional Product Notes
TotalSeq™ reagents are designed to profile protein levels at a single cell level following an optimized protocol similar to the CITE-seq workflow. A compatible single cell device (e.g. 10x Genomics Chromium System and Reagents) and sequencer (e.g Illumina analyzers) are required. Please contact technical support for more information, or visit biolegend.com/totalseq.
The TotalSeq™-A barcode sequence associated with clone M17/4 is AGAGTCTCCCTTTAG.
The flanking sequences are CCTTGGCACCCGAGAATTCCA, and the poly A tail, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*A*A, where B represents either C, G, or T, and * indicates a phosphorothioated bond, to prevent nuclease degradation.
The full oligomer sequence for this product, with the specific barcode in brackets is CCTTGGCACCCGAGAATTCCA [AGAGTCTCCCTTTAG]BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*A*A.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sanchez-Madrid F, et al. 1982. Cell Immunol. 73:1. (IP, Block)
- Kuhlman P, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:1773. (IP, Block)
- Mizgerd JP, et al. 1997. J. Exp. Med. 186:1357. (IHC)
- Hailman E and Allen PM. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:4847. (FC)
- Verhagen J and Wraith DC. 2014. J. Immunol. Methods. S0022. (Block) PubMed
AB_2783036 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101125)
- Integrin family, associates with integrin β2 (CD18), 180 kD
Lymphocytes, granulocytes, monocytes, macrophages
- Cellular adhesion
- Ligand Receptor
- ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-3 (CD50)
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Lymphocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Springer TA. 1994. Cell 76:301.
3. Lub M, et al. 1995. Immunol. Today 16:479.
- Gene ID
- 16408 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD11a on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.