- NIB42 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-γ, Immune interferon, Type II interferon, T cell interferon, Macrophage-activating factor (MAF), IFN-g, IFN-gamma
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interferon-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine which is secreted primarily by activated NK cells and T cells. Originally characterized based on anti-viral activities, IFN-γ also exerts anti-proliferative, immunoregulatory, and proinflammatory activities. IFN-γ can upregulate MHC class I and II antigen expression by antigen-presenting cells. The 4S.B3 antibody reacts with the human IFN-γ. The NIB42 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IFN-γ.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli - expressed, recombinant human IFN-γ
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA Capture applications, the antibody should be titrated between 0.25 - 2 µg/ml to determine optimal condition. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture2: The purified NIB42 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated 4S.B3 antibody (Cat. No. 502504/502514) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture. For ELISPOT capture applications, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.0 µg/ml is recommended.
Neutralization1: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IFN-? bioactivity (Cat. No. 502405 & 502406).
Note: For testing human IFN-? in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430101 to 430106) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Meager A. 1987. Lymphokines and Interferons:A Practical Approach. IRL Press Ltd, Oxford, p. 105.
- Goodier M, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:139.
- Blank N, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:3613. (Neut)
- Product Citations
AB_315222 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502401)
AB_315223 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502402)
- Cytokine; dimer; 20-25 kD (Mammalian)
- Antiviral/antiparasitic activities; inhibits proliferation; enhances MHC class I and II expression on APC
- Cell Sources
- CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, NK cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- IFN-γRα (CDw119) dimerized with IFN-γRβ (AF-1)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. De Maeyer, E., et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:321.
3. Farrar, M., et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:571.
4. Gray, P., et al. 1987. Lymphokines 13:151.
- Upregulated by IL-2, FGF-basic, EGF; downregulated by vitamin D3 or DMN; labile at pH2
- Gene ID
- 3458 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-gamma on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.