- TU27 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V C050
- Other Names
- IL-2 Receptor β chain, IL-2Rβ
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD122 is a 70-75 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the Ig superfamily. It is IL-2 receptor β chain also known as IL-2Rβ, which is also shared by the IL-15 receptor. CD122 is constitutively expressed by NK cells and at lower levels by a subset of T cells. Its expression is upregulated upon activation. The IL-2Rβ chain can combine with either the common γ subunit (γc, CD132) alone or with the γc subunit and the IL-2Rα subunit (CD25) to generate intermediate or high affinity IL-2 receptor complexes, respectively. CD122 expression levels can be upregulated by activation.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- TL-Mor cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, blocking of IL-2 binding to CD122, and partial inhibition of IL-2 induced cell proliferation.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Takeshita T, et al. 1989. J. Exp. Med. 169:1323.
AB_2562541 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339011)
AB_2562542 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339012)
- Ig superfamily, forms high affinity IL-2 receptor with CD25 and CD132 chains or intermediate affinity receptor with CD132 alone, 70-75 kD
NK cells, T subset
- Critical component of IL-2 and IL-15 signaling
- IL-2, IL-15
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules:The CD Markers Wiley-Liss A John Wiley & Sons Inc, Publication
2. Minami Y, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:245.
3. Suzuki H, et al. 1995. Science 268:1472.
- Gene ID
- 3560 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD122 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.