- MHM-88 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Immunoglobulin M
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IgM is the first immunoglobulin made by B cells in the immune response. Surface IgM is expressed on immature and mature B cells, while IgM heavy (μ) chain is expressed intracellularly in pre-B cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Ig cocktail
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per 106 in 100 µl staining volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
MHM-88 antibody reacts with both soluble and membrane human immunoglobulin M (IgM). It does not react with other Ig isotypes. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: use as a primary or secondary reagent for ELISA analysis.
Due to the presence of excess soluble IgM in whole blood, which competes for antibody binding, staining for IgM on cells in whole blood is not recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Perez-Shiyama C, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:5192. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_493007 (BioLegend Cat. No. 314504)
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.