- BM8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- EMR1, Ly71
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
F4/80 is a 160 kD glycoprotein. It is characterized as a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF)-transmembrane 7 (TM7) family. F4/80, also known as EMR1 or Ly71, has been widely used as a murine macrophage marker, which is expressed on the majority of tissue macrophages including peritoneal macrophages, macrophages in lung, gut, thymus and red pulp of spleen (but not on the macrophages located in T cell areas of the spleen, lymph node and Peyer's patch), Kuffer cells, Langerhans cells, and bone marrow stromal cells. F4/80 has also been shown on a subset of dendritic cells. The biological ligand of F4/80 has not been identified, but it has been reported that F4/80 is required for induction of CD8+ T cells-mediated peripheral tolerance.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Murine macrophages
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,2 and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections6,7, Western blotting, and spatial biology (IBEX)12,13.
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schaller E, et al. 2002. Mol. Cell. Biol. 22:8035. (IHC)
- Stevceva L, et al. 2001. BMC Clin Pathol. 1:3. (IHC)
- Kobayashi M, et al.2008. J. Leukoc. Biol. 83:1354. PubMed
- Poeckel D, et al. 2009. J. Biol Chem. 284:21077. PubMed
- Glass AM, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:4830. PubMed
- Koehm S, et al. 2007. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 120:570. (IHC)
- Rankin AL, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:1526. (IHC)
- Sasi SP, et al. 2014. J Biol Chem. 289:14178. PubMed
- Thakus VS, et al. 2014. Toxicol Lett. 230:322. PubMed
- Watson NB, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 194:2796. PubMed
- Hirakawa H, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10:119360. PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:33455-65. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2563767 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123143)
- EGF-TM7 family member, 160 kD glycoprotein
Majority of tissue macrophages including peritoneal macrophages, macrophages in lung, gut, thymus and red pulp of spleen, Kuffer cells, Langerhans cells, bone marrow stromal cells, and a subset of dendritic cells
- Induction of immunological tolerance
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, Macrophages, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Austy JM and Gordon S. 1981. Eur. J. Immunol. 11:805.
2. Hume DA, et al. 1983. J. Exp. Med. 158:1522.
3. Ruedl C, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:1801.
4. McKnight AJ, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:486.
5. Lin HH, et al. 2005. J. Exp. Med. 201:1615.
- Gene ID
- 13733 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about F4/80 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Other FormatsView All F4/80 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse F4/80
Purified anti-mouse F4/80
Biotin anti-mouse F4/80
FITC anti-mouse F4/80
PE anti-mouse F4/80
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse F4/80
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse F4/80
APC anti-mouse F4/80
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse F4/80
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse F4/80
PerCP anti-mouse F4/80
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse F4/80
Purified anti-mouse F4/80 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse F4/80
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse F4/80
TotalSeq™-A0114 anti-mouse F4/80
TotalSeq™-B0114 anti-mouse F4/80
TotalSeq™-C0114 anti-mouse F4/80
Spark YG™ 570 anti-mouse F4/80
KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-mouse F4/80
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse F4/80
APC/Fire™ 810 anti-mouse F4/80
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-mouse F4/80