- 16-10A1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- B7-1, B7, Ly-53
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD80 is a 60 kD highly glycosylated protein. It is a member of the Ig superfamily and is also known as B7-1, B7, and Ly-53. CD80 is constitutively expressed on dendritic cells and monocytes/macrophages, and inducibly expressed on activated B and T cells. The ligation of CD28 on T cells with CD80 and CD86 (B7-2) on antigen presenting cells (such as dendritic cells, macrophages, and B cells) elicits co-stimulation of T cells resulting in enhanced cell activation, proliferation, and cytokine production. CD80 appears to be expressed later in the immune response than CD86. CD80 can also bind to CD152, also known as CTLA-4, to deliver an inhibitory signal to T cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- CHO cell line transfected with mouse B7 (CD80)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 650™ under optimal conditions.
- µg size: 0.2 mg/mLµL size: lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µl size, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 650™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 645 nm. The bandpass filter 660/20 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 650™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation2, in vitro and in vivo blocking of CTLA-4 Ig to CD80 by blocking costimulation of T cells by activated B cells2-4, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 104747-104752).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Harlan DM, et al. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:3137. (IHC)
- Razi-Wolf Z, et al. 1992. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:4210. (Block, IP)
- Hathcock KS, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:631. (Block)
- Herold KC, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:984. (Block, IHC)
- Ma XT, et al. 2006. Cancer Res. 66:1169.
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunology 6:1011. (FC)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Turnquist HR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:7018.
- Misra RS, et al. 2010. J. Exp Med. 207:1775. PubMed
- del Rio ML, et al. 2011. Transpl. Int. 24:501. (FC) PubMed
- Philipsen L, et al. 2013. Mol Cell Proteomics. 12:2551. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_11147759 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104731)
AB_2686972 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104732)
- Ig superfamily, 60 kD
Macrophages, activated B cells and T cells, dendritic cells
- T cell costimulation
- CD28 (stimulatory), CD152(CTLA4) (inhibitory)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Linsley PS, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:561.
3. Salomon B, et al. 2001. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 19:225.
- Gene ID
- 12519 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD80 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD80
FITC anti-mouse CD80
PE anti-mouse CD80
Purified anti-mouse CD80
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD80
APC anti-mouse CD80
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD80
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD80
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD80
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD80
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD80
Purified anti-mouse CD80 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD80
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD80
TotalSeq™-A0849 anti-mouse CD80
TotalSeq™-C0849 anti-mouse CD80
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD80
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD80
TotalSeq™-B0849 anti-mouse CD80 Antibody
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-mouse CD80
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-mouse CD80