- 16-10A1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- B7-1, B7, Ly-53
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD80 is a 60 kD highly glycosylated protein. It is a member of the Ig superfamily and is also known as B7-1, B7, and Ly-53. CD80 is constitutively expressed on dendritic cells and monocytes/macrophages, and inducibly expressed on activated B and T cells. The ligation of CD28 on T cells with CD80 and CD86 (B7-2) on antigen presenting cells (such as dendritic cells, macrophages, and B cells) elicits co-stimulation of T cells resulting in enhanced cell activation, proliferation, and cytokine production. CD80 appears to be expressed later in the immune response than CD86. CD80 can also bind to CD152, also known as CTLA-4, to deliver an inhibitory signal to T cells.Product Details
- Mouse, Cross-Reactivity: Dog (Canine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- CHO cell line transfected with mouse B7 (CD80)
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block, IHC-F, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation2, in vitro and in vivo blocking of CTLA-4 Ig to CD80 by blocking costimulation of T cells by activated B cells2-4, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 104747-104752).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Harlan DM, et al. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:3137. (IHC)
- Razi-Wolf Z, et al. 1992. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:4210. (Block, IP)
- Hathcock KS, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:631. (Block)
- Herold KC, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:984. (Block, IHC)
- Ma XT, et al. 2006. Cancer Res. 66:1169.
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunology 6:1011. (FC)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Turnquist HR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:7018.
- Misra RS, et al. 2010. J. Exp Med. 207:1775. PubMed
- del Rio ML, et al. 2011. Transpl. Int. 24:501. (FC) PubMed
- Philipsen L, et al. 2013. Mol Cell Proteomics. 12:2551. PubMed
AB_2819805 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104751)
AB_2819804 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104750)
AB_2819806 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104752)
AB_2819801 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104747)
AB_2819802 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104748)
AB_2819803 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104749)
- Ig superfamily, 60 kD
Macrophages, activated B cells and T cells, dendritic cells
- T cell costimulation
- CD28 (stimulatory), CD152(CTLA4) (inhibitory)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Linsley PS, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:561.
3. Salomon B, et al. 2001. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 19:225.
- Gene ID
- 12519 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD80 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.