- 3G8 (See other available formats)
- V NK80
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD16 is known as low affinity IgG receptor III (FcγRIII). It is expressed as two distinct forms (CD16a and CD16b). CD16a (FcγRIIIA) is a 50-65 kD polypeptide-anchored transmembrane protein. It is expressed on the surface of NK cells, activated monocytes, macrophages, and placental trophoblasts in humans. CD16b (FcγRIIIB) is a 48 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored protein. Its extracellular domain is over 95% homologous to that of CD16a, and it is expressed specifically on neutrophils. CD16 binds aggregated IgG or IgG-antigen complex which functions in NK cell activation, phagocytosis, and antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC).Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Marmoset, Pigtailed Macaque, Rhesus, Sooty Mangabey, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human PMN cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The 3G8 antibody clone blocks neutrophil phagocytosis and stimulates NK cell proliferation. It has been reported that this clone interacts with the Fc?RIIa and Fc?RIIIb receptors causing neutrophil activation and aggregation18. Due to this phenomenon staining in whole blood may cause a reduction in the number of granulocytes or alter their scatter profile.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections6, immunoprecipitation3, stimulation of NK cell proliferation4, blocking of phagocytosis5, and blocking of immunoglobulin binding to Fc?RIII7,8. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 302014). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 302050) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
- Application References
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Edberg J, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 159:3849. (IP)
- Hoshino S, et al. 1991. Blood 78:3232. (Stim)
- Tamm A, et al. 1996. Immunol. 157:1576. (Block)
- Da Silva DM, et al. 2001. Int. Immunol. 13:633. (IHC)
- Holl V, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:6274. (Block)
- Hober D, et al. 2002. J. Gen. Virol. 83:2169. (Block)
- Brainard DM, et al. 2009. J. Virol. 83:7305. PubMed
- Smed-Sörensen A, et al. 2008. Blood 111:5037. (Block) PubMed
- Timmerman KL, et al. 2008. J. Leukoc. Biol. 84:1271. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Kim WK, et al. 2006. Am. J. Pathol. 168:822. (FC)
- Boltz A, et al. 2011. J. Biol Chem. 286:21896. PubMed
- Wu Z, et al. 2013. J. Virol. 87:7717. PubMed
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Vossebeld PJ, et al. 1997. Biochem J. 323:87-94 (Stim)
- Product Citations
AB_314203 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302003)
AB_314204 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302004)
- Ig superfamily, transmembrane form (50-65 kD) or GPI-linked form (48 kD)
NK cells, activated monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils
- Low affinity IgG Fc receptor, phagocytosis, ADCC
- Aggregated IgG, IgG-antigen complex
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Fleit H, et al. 1982. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 79:3275.
2. Stroncek D, et al. 1991. Blood 77:1572.
3. Wirthmueller U, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 175:1381.
- Gene ID
- 2214 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD16 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
- Is our human Trustain FcX™ (cat# 422302) compatible with anti human CD16, CD32 and CD64 clones 3G8, FUN-2 and 10.1 respectively?
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.