- IT2.2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI CD86.8
- Other Names
- B7-2, B70
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD86 is an 80 kD immunoglobulin superfamily member also known as B7-2, B70, and Ly-58. CD86 is expressed on activated B and T cells, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, and astrocytes. CD86, along with CD80, is the ligand of CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). CD86 is expressed earlier in the immune response than CD80. CD86 has also been shown to be involved in immunoglobulin class-switching and triggering of NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. CD86 binds to CD28 to transduce costimulatory signals for T cell activation, proliferation, and cytokine production. CD86 can bind to CD152 as well, also known as CTLA-4, to deliver an inhibitory signal to T cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Common Marmoset, Cotton-topped Tamarin, Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections6, Western blotting3, and blocking of T cell activation2,4,5. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 305449 & 305450).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. London.
- Dieu M. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 188:373. (Block)
- Esser M, et al. 2001. J. Virol. 75:6173. (WB)
- Jeannin P, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:2044. (Block)
- Kapsogeorgou EK, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:3107. (Block)
- Geissmann F, et al. 2001. Blood 97:1241. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2275754 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305421)
AB_2074981 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305422)
- Ig superfamily, single-chain transmembrane glycoprotein, 80 kD
Monocytes/macrophages, activated B cells and T cells, dendritic cells
- T cell costimulation
- CD28, CD152
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Hathcock K, et al. 1996. Adv. Immunol. 62:131.
2. June C, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:321.
- Gene ID
- 942 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD86 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD86 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-human CD86
PE anti-human CD86
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD86
Purified anti-human CD86
APC anti-human CD86
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD86
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD86
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD86
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD86
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD86
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD86
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD86
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD86
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD86
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD86
Purified anti-human CD86 (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD86
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD86
TotalSeq™-A0006 anti-human CD86
TotalSeq™-B0006 anti-human CD86
TotalSeq™-C0006 anti-human CD86
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD86
KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-human CD86
TotalSeq™-D0006 anti-human CD86
PE/Fire™ 810 anti-human CD86
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-human CD86