- G034E3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BN-1, CKR6, DCR2, CKRL3, DRY-6, GPR29, CKR-L3, CMKBR6, GPRCY4, STRL22, GPR-CY4
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CCR6, also known as CD196, is a chemokine receptor that is expressed on immature dendritic cells, B lymphocytes, and memory T cells. CCR6 binds CCL20, although members of the β defensin family also bind CCR6 with a lower affinity. CCR6 positive cells, and its ligand CCL20, have been detected in numerous organs, especially the secondary lymphoid organ. CCL20 is selectively made by the follicle-associated epithelium (FAE) overlying Peyers Patches (PPs) and isolated lymphoid follicles (ILFs). CCL20 contributes to the recruitment of CCR6-expressing B cells to these structures. In humans, CCR6 can function to mediate arrest of T cells on dermal endothelial cells and is highly expressed on T cells resident in both normal and psoriatic skin. CCR6 and/or CCL20 have been implicated in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease. Human T cells that are able to produce IL-17 express CCR6. It suggests that CCL20 and CCR6 have a role in inflammatory diseases by recruiting Th17 cells to target tissues.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CCR6-transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name APC/Cy7 to APC/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our APC/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Product Citations
AB_2566273 (BioLegend Cat. No. 353431)
AB_2566274 (BioLegend Cat. No. 353432)
- Chemokine receptor, GPCR, seven transmembrane receptor
Immature dendritic cells, B lymphocytes, memory T cells, Th17 cells
- Host defense, important for recruitment of B cells to secondary lymphoid organs, mediates arrest of T cells on dermal endothelial cells
- CCL20 (MIP-3α)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, T cells, Th17
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, GPCR
- Antigen References
1. Zaballos A, et al. 1996. Biochem. Bioph. Res. Co. 227:846.
2. Yang D, et al. 1999. Science 286:525.
3. MacDonald KG, et al. 2007. Am. J. Pathol. 170:1229.
4. Homey B, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:6621.
5. Hirota K, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:2803.
6. Singh SP, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:214.
- Gene ID
- 1235 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD196 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Does staining at room temperature or even at 37°C help for checking chemokine receptors expression?
Due to continuous recycling of many chemokine receptors, it may be worthwhile to consider staining at room temperature or at 37°C if the staining at lower temperature (which can potentially reduce receptor turnover) is not optimal.
Other FormatsView All CD196 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
PE anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
FITC anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
APC anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Purified anti-human CD196 (CCR6) (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
TotalSeq™-A0143 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
TotalSeq™-C0143 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
TotalSeq™-B0143 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
TotalSeq™-D0143 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-human CD196 (CCR6)