- MP4-25D2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B-cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|500829||100 µg||141 CHF|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine that is produced by activated T cells, mast cells, and basophils. IL-4 elicits many different biological responses but has two dominant functions. The first is regulating differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cell to the Th2 type. Th2 cells produce IL-4, IL-5, IL-10, and IL-13, which tend to favor a humoral immune response while suppressing a cell-mediated immune response controlled by Th1 cells. The second is regulating IgE and IgG1 production by B cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Pig, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CHO-expressed, recombinant human IL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection1,3 or ELISPOT Detection4,5: The biotinylated MP4-25D2 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified 8D4-8 antibody (Cat. No. 500702/500707) as the capture antibody.
Flow Cytometry6,9: The fluorochrome-labeled MP4-25D2 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-4 -producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization1-3: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-4 bioactivity (Cat. No. 500815). The MP4-25D2 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-4.
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chretien I, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. Methods 117:67. (ELISA Detection, Neut)
- Ramanathan L, et al. 1993. Biochem. 32:3549. (Neut)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (ELISA Detection, Neut)
- Mahanty S, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:3567. (ELISPOT Detection)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISPOT Detection)
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Methods 188:117. (ICFC)
- Raqib R, et al. 1995. Infect. Immun. 63:289.
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
- Iwamoto S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1449. (ICFC) PubMed
- Kubota M, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:5321.
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113. PubMed
- Kroneke MA, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:3734. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562840 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500829)
- Cytokine; 15-19 kD (Mammalian)
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Boulay J, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens H, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul W. 1991. Blood 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3565 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
|APC anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|Biotin anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection, ICFC|
|FITC anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|PE anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ELISA, CyTOF®, Neut, ICFC, IHC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human IL-4 (Maxpar® Ready)||MP4-25D2||ELISA, CyTOF®|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-4||MP4-25D2||ELISA, CyTOF®, Neut, ICFC, IHC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human IL-4
Biotin anti-human IL-4
FITC anti-human IL-4
PE anti-human IL-4
Purified anti-human IL-4
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human IL-4
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-4
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human IL-4
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-4
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-4
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human IL-4
Purified anti-human IL-4 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IL-4
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-4
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human IL-4
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-4