- 4S.B3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interferon-γ, Immune interferon, Type II interferon, T cell interferon, Macrophage-activating factor (MAF), IFN-g, IFN-gamma
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 2 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|502503||50 µg||85 CHF|
|502504||500 µg||230 CHF|
Interferon-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine which is secreted primarily by activated NK cells and T cells. Originally characterized based on anti-viral activities, IFN-γ also exerts anti-proliferative, immunoregulatory, and proinflammatory activities. IFN-γ can upregulate MHC class I and II antigen expression by antigen-presenting cells.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially purified, native human IFN-γ
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection - Quality tested
ICFC - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA detection applications, a concentration range of 0.5-2.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IFN-γ recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection5: The biotinylated 4S.B3 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified NIB42 antibody (Cat. No. 502402/502404) or purified MD-1 antibody (Cat. No. 507502/507513) as the capture antibody.
Flow Cytometry3,4,6-8: The fluorochrome-labeled 4S.B3 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IFN-γ -producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: neutralization1,2, Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated tissue sections, and immunocytochemistry. The 4S.B3 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IFN-γ.
Note: For testing human IFN-γ in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430101 to 430106) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Meager A, et al. 1984. J. Interferon Res. 4:619. (Neut)
- Meager A, 1987. Lymphokines and Interferons:A Practical Approach. IRL Press Ltd, Oxford, p. 105. (Neut)
- Sester M, et al. 2002. J. Virol. 76:3748. (ICFC)
- Infante-Duarte C, et al. 2000 J. Immunol. 165:6107. (ICFC)
- Goodier M, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:139. (ELISA)
- Chen H, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:591. (ICFC)
- Smeltz RB, 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4786. (ICFC)
- Iwamoto S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1449. (ICFC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (ICFC)
- Product Citations
AB_315228 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502503)
AB_315229 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502504)
- Cytokine; dimer; 20-25 kD (Mammalian)
- Antiviral/antiparasitic activities; inhibits proliferation; enhances MHC class I and II expression on APC
- Cell Sources
- CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, NK cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- IFN-γRα (CDw119) dimerized with IFN-γRβ (AF-1)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. De Maeyer E, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:321.
3. Farrar M, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:571.
4. Gray P, et al. 1987. Lymphokines 13:151.
- Upregulated by IL-2, FGF-basic, EGF; downregulated by vitamin D3 or DMN; labile at pH2
- Gene ID
- 3458 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-gamma on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.