- D7715A7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-6 Receptor α chain, IL-6R
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|115811||25 µg||125 CHF|
|115812||100 µg||296 CHF|
CD126 is an 80 kD IL-6 receptor α chain also known as IL-6R. It is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that is expressed on activated T and B cells, monocytes, hepatocytes, and plasma cells. High affinity IL-6 receptors are formed by the non-covalent association of CD126 and the IL-6 receptor β chain (CD130 or gp130). CD126 binds IL-6 with low affinity, but does not signal. The β chain (gp130, CD130) does not bind IL-6 by itself, but associates with the α-chain/IL-6 complex to initiate signal transduction. IL-6 binding to the receptor complex results in the stimulation of B and T cells, and hematopoietic precursor proliferation and differentiation. The D7715A7 (15A7) antibody blocks IL-6/IL-6 receptor interactions.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- OKT4 hybridoma cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2,5, in vivo receptor blocking1-2,4-6,8, and in vitro neutralization7. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 115806) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated antibody (Cat. No. 115804) or biotinylated anti-rat IgG second step (Cat. No. 405402), followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)). The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 115808).
Please note, this clone had previously reported reactivity to rat, however upon further testing it has been determined to not react with rat.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Coulie PG, et al. 1990. Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 166:43. (Block, IP)
- Vink A, et al. 1990. J. Exp. Med. 172:997. (Block, IP)
- Sun R, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:5648. (FC)
- McKinney WJ, et al. 1998. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 18:696. (Block)
- Weigert C, et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281:7060. (Block, IP)
- Koizumi N, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:1767. (Block)
- Walker F, et al. 2008. Blood 111:3978. (Neut) PubMed
- Yadav M, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:2772. (Block) PubMed
- Sintes J, et al. 2010. J. Leukoc. Biol. 88:687. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2127937 (BioLegend Cat. No. 115811)
AB_2296238 (BioLegend Cat. No. 115812)
- Ig superfamily, associates with IL-6Rβ chain (CD130, gp130), 80 kD
Activated T cells and B cells, monocytes, hepatocytes, plasma cells
- Stimulates T cells, B cells, hematopoietic precursor proliferation and differentiation
- Cell Type
- B cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, Plasma cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Taga T, et al. 1997. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 15:797.
2. Fitzgerald K, et al. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press London.
3. Boulanger MJ, et al. 2003. Science 300:2101.
- Gene ID
- 16194 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD126 on UniProt.org
|Biotin anti-mouse CD126 (IL-6Rα chain)||D7715A7||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD126 (IL-6Rα chain)||D7715A7||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD126 (IL-6Rα chain)||D7715A7||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD126 (IL-6Rα chain)||D7715A7||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD126 (IL-6Rα chain)||D7715A7||FC,Block,IP,Neut|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.