- CD28.2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T44, Tp44
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|302919||25 µg||105 CHF|
|302920||100 µg||225 CHF|
CD28 is a 44 kD disulfide-linked homodimeric type I glycoprotein. It is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is also known as T44 or Tp44. CD28 is expressed on most T lineage cells, NK cell subsets, and plasma cells. CD28 binds both CD80 and CD86 using a highly conserved motif MYPPY in the CDR3-like loop. CD28 is considered a major co-stimulatory molecule, inducing T lymphocyte activation and IL-2 synthesis, and preventing cell death. In vitro studies indicate that ligation of CD28 on T cells by CD80 and CD86 on antigen presenting cells provides a costimulatory signal required for T cell activation and proliferation.Product Details
- Human, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Pigtailed Macaque, Rhesus, Sooty Mangabey, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is highly recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections4, and in vitro T cell costimulation5-8. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The CD28.2 antibody co-stimulates T cell proliferation and cytokine production in the presence of suboptimal amounts of anti-CD3 antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 302914). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 302934) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Nunes J, et al. 1993. Biochem. J. 293:835.
- Calea-Lauri J, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:62.
- Tazi A, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:3511. (IHC)
- Marti F, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:197. (Costim)
- Jeong SH, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:6995. (Costim)
- Rivollier A, et al. 2004. Blood 104:4029. (Costim)
- Scharschmidt E, et al. 2004. Mol. Cell Biol. 24:3860. (Costim)
- Sheng W, et al. 2007.Elsevier 580:6819. PubMed
- Mitsuhashi M. 2007. Clin Chem.53:148. PubMed
- Ye Z, et al. 2008. Infect. Immun. 76:2541. PubMed
- Magatti M, et al. 2008. Stem Cells 26:182. (FA) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2008. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Berg M, et al. 2008. J Leukoc Biol. 83:853. (IP) PubMed
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Leonard JA, et al. 2011. J. Virol. 85:6867. PubMed
- Nomura T, et al. 2012. J. Virol. 86:6481. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_528785 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302919)
AB_528786 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302920)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, homodimer, 44 kD
Mature T cells, thymocytes, NK cell subsets, plasma cells, EBV-positive B cells
- T cell costimulation
- CD80, CD86
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, Plasma cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
2. June CH, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:321.
3. Linskey PS, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:191.
- Gene ID
- 940 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD28 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.