- CD28.2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T44, Tp44
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|302937||100 µg||121 CHF|
CD28 is a 44 kD disulfide-linked homodimeric type I glycoprotein. It is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is also known as T44 or Tp44. CD28 is expressed on most T lineage cells, NK cell subsets, and plasma cells. CD28 binds both CD80 and CD86 using a highly conserved motif MYPPY in the CDR3-like loop. CD28 is considered a major co-stimulatory molecule, inducing T lymphocyte activation and IL-2 synthesis, and preventing cell death. In vitro studies indicate that ligation of CD28 on T cells by CD80 and CD86 on antigen presenting cells provides a costimulatory signal required for T cell activation and proliferation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Chimpanzee, Pigtailed Macaque, Sooty Mangabey, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for highly sensitive assays.
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Nunes J, et al. 1993. Biochem. J. 293:835.
- Calea-Lauri J, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:62.
- Tazi A, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:3511. (IHC)
- Marti F, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:197. (Costim)
- Jeong SH, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:6995. (Costim)
- Rivollier A, et al. 2004. Blood 104:4029. (Costim)
- Scharschmidt E, et al. 2004. Mol. Cell Biol. 24:3860. (Costim)
- Sheng W, et al. 2007.Elsevier 580:6819. PubMed
- Mitsuhashi M. 2007. Clin Chem.53:148. PubMed
- Ye Z, et al. 2008. Infect. Immun. 76:2541. PubMed
- Magatti M, et al. 2008. Stem Cells 26:182. (FA) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2008. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Berg M, et al. 2008. J Leukoc Biol. 83:853. (IP) PubMed
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Leonard JA, et al. 2011. J. Virol. 85:6867. PubMed
- Nomura T, et al. 2012. J. Virol. 86:6481. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2563737 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302937)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, homodimer, 44 kD
Mature T cells, thymocytes, NK cell subsets, plasma cells, EBV-positive B cells
- T cell costimulation
- CD80, CD86
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, Plasma cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
2. June CH, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:321.
3. Linskey PS, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:191.
- Gene ID
- 940 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD28 on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD28
Biotin anti-human CD28
FITC anti-human CD28
PE anti-human CD28
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD28
Purified anti-human CD28
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD28
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD28
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD28
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD28
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD28
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD28
Purified anti-human CD28 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD28
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD28
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD28
TotalSeq™-A0386 anti-human CD28
TotalSeq™-B0386 anti-human CD28
TotalSeq™-C0386 anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD28
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD28
PE anti-human CD28
APC anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 750™ anti-human CD28
PE/Fire™ 810 anti-human CD28
GMP PE anti-human CD28
TotalSeq™-D0386 anti-human CD28
Spark Violet™ 423 anti-human CD28