- MP4-25D2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B-cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine that is produced by activated T cells, mast cells, and basophils. IL-4 elicits many different biological responses but has two dominant functions. The first is regulating differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cell to the Th2 type. Th2 cells produce IL-4, IL-5, IL-10, and IL-13, which tend to favor a humoral immune response while suppressing a cell-mediated immune response controlled by Th1 cells. The second is regulating IgE and IgG1 production by B cells.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Swine (Pig, Porcine), Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CHO-expressed, recombinant human IL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection1,3 or ELISPOT Detection4,5: The biotinylated MP4-25D2 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified 8D4-8 antibody (Cat. No. 500702/500707) as the capture antibody.
Flow Cytometry6,9: The fluorochrome-labeled MP4-25D2 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-4 -producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization1-3: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-4 bioactivity (Cat. No. 500815). The MP4-25D2 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chretien I, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. Methods 117:67. (ELISA Detection, Neut)
- Ramanathan L, et al. 1993. Biochem. 32:3549. (Neut)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (ELISA Detection, Neut)
- Mahanty S, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:3567. (ELISPOT Detection)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISPOT Detection)
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Methods 188:117. (ICFC)
- Raqib R, et al. 1995. Infect. Immun. 63:289.
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
- Iwamoto S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1449. (ICFC) PubMed
- Kubota M, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:5321.
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113. PubMed
- Kroneke MA, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:3734. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10898316 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500825)
AB_2561679 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500826)
- Cytokine; 15-19 kD (Mammalian)
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Boulay J, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens H, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul W. 1991. Blood 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3565 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.