- H11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
Covance Catalog# MMS-460R
- Mouse IgM
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Myosin heavy chain is an actin-based motor protein with an approximate molecular weight of 223 kD. Myosin heavy chain can be split into 1 light meromysin and 1 heavy meromysin chain (and further into 2 globular subfragments and 1 rod-shaped subfragment). This protein is highly expressed in muscle. Motor proteins that convert chemical energy derived from ATP hydrolysis into mechanical force that drives motile processes such as cytokinesis, vesicular transport, and cellular locomotion. Myosin heavy chain is modified by acetylation in cysteine residues in the S1 domain for myosin ATPase activity. Muscle myosin is a hexameric protein consisting of 2 heavy chain subunits and 2 alkali light chain subunits and 2 regulatory light chain subunits that forms filaments.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was generated against a complex mixture of phosphoproteins extracted from Madin-Darby Canine Kidney Cells.
- The concentration is not quantified as this product is sold as undiluted crude mouse ascites fluid. The concentration might vary from lot-to-lot and an estimated concentration would be 1-3 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is a dilution of 1:1000 - 1:2500. For immunocytochemistry, a dilution of 1:1000 - 1:250 is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is a dilution of 1:150. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunofluorescence (ICC) and immunoprecipitation (IP).
*Predicted MW = 205 kD
**Recommend using extracts prepared in buffers containing 0.5% Triton X-100 and 0.5% sodium deoxycholate.
This antibody binds specifically to denatured as well as native myosin heavy chain extracts and will not react with amphibian myosins.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chew TL, et al. 2002. J. Cell Biol. 156:543. (ICC) PubMed
- Warren SL, et al. 1988. Mol Cell Biol. 8:632.
- Product Citations
AB_2565417 (BioLegend Cat. No. 922701)
- Actin-based motor protein, approximately 223 kD. Myosin heavy chain can be split into 1 light meromysin and 1 heavy meromysin chain (and further into 2 globular subfragments and 1 rod-shaped subfragment).
Highly expressed in muscle.
- Motor proteins that convert chemical energy derived from ATP hydrolysis into mechanical force that drives motile processes such as cytokinesis, vesicular transport, and cellular locomotion.
- Muscle myosin is a hexameric protein consisting of 2 heavy chain subunits and 2 alkali light chain subunits and 2 regulatory light chain subunits. Forms filaments.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Antigen References
1. Weiss A, et al. 1999. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:2598.
2. Schiaffino S, et al. 1996. Physiol. Rev. 76:371 (review)
- Cysteine residues in the S1 domain are alkylated for myosin ATPase activity.
- Gene ID
- View information about Myosin Heavy Chain on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.