- UCHT2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- III 518
- Other Names
- Leu-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD5 is a 67 kD single chain type I glycoprotein also known as Leu-1, Ly-1 and T1. It is a member of the scavenger receptor superfamily found on T cells, thymocytes, B cell subsets, chronic B lymphocytic leukemia (B-Cells), and peripheral blood dendritic cells. CD5 modulates T and B cell receptor signaling, thymocyte maturation, and T-B cell interactions upon binding to ligands such as CD72.Product Details
- Human, Chimpanzee, Capuchin Monkey, Common Marmoset, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting2 and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections2,5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV Oxford University Press. New York.
- Renaudineau Y, et al. 2005. Blood 106:2781. (WB IHC)
- Porter JC and Hogg N. 1997. J. Cell Biol. 138:1437.
- Saliba AE, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:14524. PubMed
- Kap Y, et al. 2009. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 57:1159. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2632670 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300631)
AB_2632671 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300632)
- Scavenger receptor superfamily, 67 kD
T cells, thymocytes, B cell subset, B cell CLL, peripheral blood dendritic cells
- Modulates TCR, BCR signaling, thymocyte maturation, T-B cell interaction
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Leukemia, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kipps T. 1988. Adv. Immunol. 47:117.
2. Resnick D, et al. 1993. Trends Biochem. Sci. 19:5.
3. Wood GS, et al. 1992. Am. J. Pathol. 14:789.
- Gene ID
- 921 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about CD5 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.