- BM8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- EMR1, Ly71
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
F4/80 is a 160 kD glycoprotein. It is characterized as a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF)-transmembrane 7 (TM7) family. F4/80, also known as EMR1 or Ly71, has been widely used as a murine macrophage marker, which is expressed on the majority of tissue macrophages including peritoneal macrophages, macrophages in lung, gut, thymus and red pulp of spleen (but not on the macrophages located in T cell areas of the spleen, lymph node and Peyer's patch), Kuffer cells, Langerhans cells, and bone marrow stromal cells. F4/80 has also been shown on a subset of dendritic cells. The biological ligand of F4/80 has not been identified, but it has been reported that F4/80 is required for induction of CD8+ T cells-mediated peripheral tolerance.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Murine macrophages
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC, WB - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antiboday is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,2 and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections6,7, Western blotting, and spatial biology (IBEX)12,13.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schaller E, et al. 2002. Mol. Cell. Biol. 22:8035. (IHC)
- Stevceva L, et al. 2001. BMC Clin Pathol. 1:3. (IHC)
- Kobayashi M, et al.2008. J. Leukoc. Biol. 83:1354. PubMed
- Poeckel D, et al. 2009. J. Biol Chem. 284:21077. PubMed
- Glass AM, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:4830. PubMed
- Koehm S, et al. 2007. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 120:570. (IHC)
- Rankin AL, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:1526. (IHC)
- Sasi SP, et al. 2014. J Biol Chem. 289:14178. PubMed
- Thakus VS, et al. 2014. Toxicol Lett. 230:322. PubMed
- Watson NB, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 194:2796. PubMed
- Hirakawa H, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10:119360. PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:33455-65. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2888757 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123163)
AB_2888757 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123164)
- EGF-TM7 family member, 160 kD glycoprotein
Majority of tissue macrophages including peritoneal macrophages, macrophages in lung, gut, thymus and red pulp of spleen, Kuffer cells, Langerhans cells, bone marrow stromal cells, and a subset of dendritic cells
- Induction of immunological tolerance
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, Macrophages, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Austy JM and Gordon S. 1981. Eur. J. Immunol. 11:805.
2. Hume DA, et al. 1983. J. Exp. Med. 158:1522.
3. Ruedl C, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:1801.
4. McKnight AJ, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:486.
5. Lin HH, et al. 2005. J. Exp. Med. 201:1615.
- Gene ID
- 13733 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about F4/80 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse F4/80
Purified anti-mouse F4/80
Biotin anti-mouse F4/80
FITC anti-mouse F4/80
PE anti-mouse F4/80
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse F4/80
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse F4/80
APC anti-mouse F4/80
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse F4/80
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse F4/80
PerCP anti-mouse F4/80
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse F4/80
Purified anti-mouse F4/80 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse F4/80
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse F4/80
TotalSeq™-A0114 anti-mouse F4/80
TotalSeq™-B0114 anti-mouse F4/80
TotalSeq™-C0114 anti-mouse F4/80
Spark YG™ 570 anti-mouse F4/80
KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-mouse F4/80
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse F4/80
APC/Fire™ 810 anti-mouse F4/80
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-mouse F4/80