- QA17A07 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T8, Lyt2, Ly-2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8, also known as Lyt-2, Ly-2, or T8, consists of disulfide-linked α and β chains that form the α(CD8a)/β(CD8b) heterodimer and α/α homodimer. CD8a is a 34 kD protein that belongs to the immunoglobulin family. The CD8 α/β heterodimer is expressed on the surface of most thymocytes and a subset of mature TCR α/β T cells. CD8 expression on mature T cells is non-overlapping with CD4. The CD8 α/α homodimer is expressed on a subset of γ/δ TCR-bearing T cells, NK cells, intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes, and lymphoid dendritic cells. CD8 is an antigen co-receptor on T cells that interacts with MHC class I on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. CD8 promotes T cell activation through its association with the TCR complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Depletion - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.015 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. A single i.v. dose of 200 µg of mAb QA17A07 depletes CD8+ T cells from peripheral blood for aproximatelly 30 days. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2888825 (BioLegend Cat. No. 155011)
AB_2888825 (BioLegend Cat. No. 155012)
- Ig superfamily, CD8α chain, 34 kD
Most thymocytes, T cell subset, some NK cells, lymphoid dendritic cells
- Co-receptor for TCR
- MHC class I molecule
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Barclay AN, Brown MH. 1997. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 25:224-8.
- Zamoyska R. 1994. Immunity 1:243.
- Ellmeier W, et al. 1999. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 17:523.
- Gene ID
- 12525 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8a on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|FITC anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC, Depletion|
|Spark Violet™ 538 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|Spark YG™ 593 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
FITC anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
PE anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
APC anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Spark Violet™ 538 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Spark YG™ 593 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody