- QA17A07 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T8, Lyt2, Ly-2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8, also known as Lyt-2, Ly-2, or T8, consists of disulfide-linked α and β chains that form the α(CD8a)/β(CD8b) heterodimer and α/α homodimer. CD8a is a 34 kD protein that belongs to the immunoglobulin family. The CD8 α/β heterodimer is expressed on the surface of most thymocytes and a subset of mature TCR α/β T cells. CD8 expression on mature T cells is non-overlapping with CD4. The CD8 α/α homodimer is expressed on a subset of γ/δ TCR-bearing T cells, NK cells, intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes, and lymphoid dendritic cells. CD8 is an antigen co-receptor on T cells that interacts with MHC class I on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. CD8 promotes T cell activation through its association with the TCR complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
AB_2890707 (BioLegend Cat. No. 155021)
AB_2890707 (BioLegend Cat. No. 155022)
- Ig superfamily, CD8α chain, 34 kD
Most thymocytes, T cell subset, some NK cells, lymphoid dendritic cells
- Co-receptor for TCR
- MHC class I molecule
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Barclay AN, Brown MH. 1997. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 25:224-8.
- Zamoyska R. 1994. Immunity 1:243.
- Ellmeier W, et al. 1999. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 17:523.
- Gene ID
- 12525 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8a on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|FITC anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC, Depletion|
|Spark Violet™ 538 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
|Spark YG™ 593 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody||QA17A07||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
FITC anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
PE anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
APC anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Spark Violet™ 538 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody
Spark YG™ 593 anti-mouse CD8a Recombinant Antibody