- 4B12/Synuclein (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- NACP, PARK1, PARK4, PD1, Synuclein alpha-140, non-A4 component of amyloid, alpha-synuclein, isoform NACP140, non-A beta component of AD amyloid Parkinson disease
Signet Catalog# 9730-02
Signet Catalog# 9730-05
Signet Catalog# 9730-10
Covance Catalog# SIG-39730
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
α-Synuclein is expressed principally in the nervous system, but it is also produced in other tissues, including the skin. In the brain, the protein is primarily neuronal, but it is also present in glia. Neuronal α-synuclein is concentrated in presynaptic nerve terminals, interacts with plasma membrane phospholipids, and is also present in nuclei and mitochondria. At least three isoforms of synuclein are produced through alternative splicing. The most common isoform is a 140 amino acid-long transcript. Other isoforms are a-synuclein-126, lacking residues 41-54; and α-synuclein-112, which lacks residues 103-130. α-Synuclein’s physiological role is poorly understood, but the protein has been implicated in regulating dopamine release and transport, synaptic vesicle clustering, and functioning as a SNARE-complex chaperone. α-Synuclein fibrils are major component of the intracellular Lewy bodies that are associated with Parkinson's disease, Lewy body dementia, and multiple system atrophy.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was developed using a purified, E. coli produced human α-synuclein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Verified
ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 2.5 µg/mL is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10.0 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody reacts with human a-synuclein. It does not react with mouse or rat a-synuclein. The epitope lies within amino acids 103-108 of a-synuclein.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA2, Western blotting1,2,3,4,6,8, and immunoprecipitation4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Lahut S, et al. 2017. Dis Model Mech. (WB) PubMed
- Landeck N, et al. 2016. Mol Neurodegener. 11(1): 61. (ELISA, WB) PubMed
- Moussaud S, et al. 2015. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 19(5): 589. (WB) PubMed
- Helferich AM., et al. 2015. Mol Neurodegener. 10(1): 66. (IHC, IP, WB) PubMed
- Bodis‐Wollner I, et al. 2014. Ann Neurol. 75(6): 964. (IHC)
- Shen W, et al. 2014. J Neurochem. 129(5): 884. (WB)
- Fagerqvist T, et al. 2013. J Neurochem. 126(1): 131. (IHC)
- Ebrahimi-Fakhari D, et al. 2011. J Neurosci. 31(41): 14508. (WB) PubMed
- Welander H, et al. 2011. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 412(1): 32. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2734561 (BioLegend Cat. No. 807804)
AB_2564730 (BioLegend Cat. No. 807801)
AB_2564731 (BioLegend Cat. No. 807802)
AB_2564729 (BioLegend Cat. No. 807803)
- α-Synuclein’s canonical isoform is a 140 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of 14 kD.
Tissue distribution: Primarily nervous system, but lower expression in other tissues.
Cellular distribution: Cytoskeleton, cytosol, lysosome, mitochondria, nucleus, plasma membrane, and extracellular.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Lee JM, et al. 2017. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 76(1):2.
- Kang SS, et al. 2017. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 114(5): 1183.
- Valdes P, et al. 2016. Front Neuroanat. 10:123.
- Emamzadeh FN. 2016. J Res Med Sci. 9(21):29.
- Gene ID
- 6622 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about α-Synuclein, 103-108 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.