- D2-40 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Podoplanin, T1-alpha, hT1alpha-1, hT1alpha-2, PA2.26 antigen, glycoprotein 36, lung type-I cell membrane-associated glycoprotein (T1A-2)
Signet Catalog# 730-001
Signet Catalog# 730-01
Signet Catalog# 730-16 L1 Predilute
Signet Catalog# 730-26 L2 Predilute
Covance Catalog# SIG-3730
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
- Intended Use
In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD). Use in immunohistochemistry (IHC) test methods only.
The monoclonal antibody D2-40 is used for the in vitro examination of human biological samples using immunohistochemistry (IHC) methods for the qualitative identification of D2-40 Lymphatic Endothelial Marker. The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies and proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was developed using M2A.
- Phosphate-buffered solution with BSA + 0.1% NaN3.
- Ammonium sulfate precipitated TCS.
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: ≥1:40 (concentrated format) for Biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues, frozen sections
Pretreatment: Not required
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature
Precautions for Use: Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC).
Clone D2-40 reacts with a O-linked sialoglycoprotein (MW 40 kD) found on lymphatic endothelium, fetal testis and on the surface of testicular germ cell tumors. Clone D2-40 (D240) has shown staining in lymphatic channel endothelium but not in the adjacent capillary.
Cat. No. 916601 (Formerly: SIG-3730-100) [0.1 ml]
Cat. No. 916602 (Formerly: SIG-3730-1000) [1 ml]
Cat. No. 916603 (Formerly: SIG-3730-16) [6 ml]
Cat. No. 916604 (Formerly: SIG-3730-26) [6 ml]
Both are ready-to-use with a Biotin-based (USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection, Cat. No. 929501) detection system.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hamanaka T, et al. 2011. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 52:8849. (IHC) PubMed
- Choi WW, et al. 2005. Mod Pathol. 18:143. PubMed
- Chu AY, et al. 2005. Mod Pathol. 18:105.
- Dumoff KL, et al. 2005. Mod Pathol. 18:97.
- Galambos C, Nodit L. 2005. Ped Dev Pathol. 8:181.
- Fogt F, et al. 2004. Oncol Rep. 11:47.
- Fogt F, et al. 2004. Int J Molec Med. 13:681.
- Product Citations
AB_2565185 (BioLegend Cat. No. 916604)
AB_2565182 (BioLegend Cat. No. 916601)
AB_2565184 (BioLegend Cat. No. 916603)
AB_2565183 (BioLegend Cat. No. 916602)
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Gene ID
- 10630 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about D2-40 Lymphatic Endothelial Marker on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend manufacture antibodies at GMP grade?
BioLegend antibodies and reagents that carry the IVD or ASR designation are manufactured in a registered GMP facility, while our other products are manufactured under ISO 13485 certification. Both environments provide high quality products. To learn more about our quality standards visit our Quality Control page at: https://www.biolegend.com/QC.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.