- 16B12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- HA epitope tag, HA1, HA2, hemagglutinin, Hemagglutinin HA1 chain, Hemagglutinin HA2 chain, YPYDVPDYA, Hemagglutinin tag
Covance Catalog# MMS-101R
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 7 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The HA tag (hemagglutinin) is an amino acid sequence derived from the human influenza hemagglutinin surface glycoprotein, corresponding to amino acids 98-106. It is commonly used as a tag to facilitate detection, isolation, and purification of proteins. The full amino acid sequence is: YPYDVPDYA.Product Details
- YPYDVPDYA Tag
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Monoclonal antibody HA.11 (HA, 16B12, flu tag) was raised against the twelve amino acid peptide CYPYDVPDYASL.
- The concentration is not quantified as this product is sold as undiluted crude mouse ascites fluid. The concentration might vary from lot-to-lot and an estimated concentration would be 1-3 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody.
WB - Quality tested
IF, IP - Validated
FC, Purification - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is a dilution of 1:1000 – 1:5000 . For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is a dilution of 1:1000 - 1:2000 is suggested. For immunohistochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is a dilution of 1:1,000 is suggested. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is a dilution of 1:150 is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunofluorescence (IF), and immunoprecipitation (IP) of tagged proteins.
*Our Posi-Tag Control Protein (Cat. No. 931301) can be used as a helpful positive control for this antibody.
This second-generation HA antibody is an excellent substitute for the 12CA5 monoclonal antibody. HA.11 recognizes the influenza hemagglutinin epitope (YPYDVPDYA) which has been used extensively as a general epitope tag in expression vectors. The extreme specificity of the antibody allows unambiguous identification and quantitative analysis of the tagged protein. The HA.11 antibody recognizes HA epitopes located in the middle of protein sequences as well as at the N- or C-terminus.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pecot MY, Malhotra V. 2004. Cell. 116:99.
- Kim JY, et al. 2003. J Neurosci. 23:5561. (IP, WB)
- Helliwell SB, et al. 2001. J Cell Biol. 153:649. (WB)
- Bennett BD, et al. 2000. J Biol Chem. 275:37712. (IF, IP, WB)
- Kolodziej P, Young R. 1991. Meth Enzymol. 194:508.
- Field J, et al. 1988. Mol Cell Biol. 8:2159.
- Royer Y, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 29:27251. (FC)
- Smith BA, et al. 2012. Genes Cancer. 3:550. (IHC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565335 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901513)
AB_2565336 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901514)
AB_2565334 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901515)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID
- View information about HA.11 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.