- RM4-5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- L3T4, T4
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD4 is a 55 kD protein also known as L3T4 or T4. It is a member of the Ig superfamily, primarily expressed on most thymocytes and a subset of T cells, and weakly on macrophages and dendritic cells. It acts as a co-receptor with the TCR during T cell activation and thymic differentiation by binding MHC class II and associating with the protein tyrosine kinase lck.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- BALB/c mouse thymocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with APC/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
The RM4-5 antibody blocks the binding of GK1.5 antibody and H129.19 antibody to CD4+ T cells, but not RM4-4 antibody. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of ligand binding, in vivo depletion of CD4+ cells1, and immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections2,3,11 and paraffin-embedded sections11. Clone RM4-5 is not recommended for immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed paraffin sections. Instead, acetone frozen or zinc-fixed paraffin sections are recommended. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 100575 and 100576).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name APC/Cy7 to APC/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our APC/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kruisbeek AM. 1991. In Curr. Protocols Immunol. pp. 4.1.1-4.1.5. (Block, Deplete)
- Nitta H, et al. 1997. Cell Vision 4:73. (IHC)
- Fan WY, et al. 2001. Exp. Biol. Med. 226:1045.
- Muraille E, et al. 2003. Infect. Immun. 71:2704. (IHC)
- León-Ponte M, et al. 2007. Blood 109:3139. (FC)
- Bourdeau A, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2006-08-044370. (FC)
- Matsumoto M, et al. 2007.J. Immunol.178:2499. PubMed
- Shigeta A, et al. 2008. Blood 112:4915. PubMed
- Zaborsky N, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:725. PubMed
- Rodrigues-Manzanet R, et al. 2010. P. Natl Acad Sci USA 107:8706. PubMed
- Whiteland JL, et al. 1995. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 43:313. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_312726 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100525)
AB_312727 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100526)
- Ig superfamily, 55 kD
Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset
- TCR co-receptor, T cell activation
- MHC class II molecule
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Bierer BE, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
3. Janeway CA. 1992. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 10:645.
- Gene ID
- 12504 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
- I am unable to see expression of T cell markers such as CD3 and CD4 post activation.
- TCR-CD3 complexes on the T-lymphocyte surface are rapidly downregulated upon activation with peptide-MHC complex, superantigen or cross-linking with anti-TCR or anti-CD3 antibodies. PMA/Ionomycin treatment has been shown to downregulate surface CD4 expression. Receptor downregulation is a common biological phenomenon and so make sure that your stimulation treatment is not causing it in your sample type.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse CD4
Biotin anti-mouse CD4
FITC anti-mouse CD4
PE anti-mouse CD4
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD4
Purified anti-mouse CD4
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD4
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD4
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD4
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD4
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD4
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD4
PerCP anti-mouse CD4
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD4
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD4
Purified anti-mouse CD4 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD4
TotalSeq™-A0001 anti-mouse CD4
TotalSeq™-B0001 anti-mouse CD4
TotalSeq™-C0001 anti-mouse CD4
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD4
Spark Violet™ 423 anti-mouse CD4 (L3T4) Antibody