- 9H10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte-Associated Antigen-4 (CTLA-4), Ly-56
- Syrian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD152 is a 33 kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily also known as CTLA-4 or Ly-56. It is expressed on activated T and B lymphocytes. CD152 is similar to CD28 in amino acid sequence, structure, and genomic organization and these two receptors share common B7 family counter-receptors (B7-1, B7-2). Whereas CD28 delivers a costimulatory signal in T cell activation, CTLA-4 negatively regulates cell-mediated immune responses. CD152 is thought to play a role in the induction and maintenance of immunological tolerance, as well as the development of protective immunity and thymocyte regulation. The 9H10 antibody can enhance T cell co-stimulation by blocking CTLA-4 interactions with the B7 co-receptors, favoring CD28 interactions.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Syrian Hamster
- Mouse CTLA-4-human IgG1 fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA - Quality tested
FC, Block, Costim - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vivo and in vitro blocking1-4 of CTLA-4 action by soluble antibody and promotion of in vitro CTLA-4 signalling by immobilized antibody1. To reduce non-specific binding to cells bearing Fc-receptors, pre-incubation of cells with anti-mouse CD16/CD32, clone 93 (Cat. No. 101301/101302), is recommended prior to immunofluorescent staining. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated anti-Syrian hamster IgG (Cat. No. 405601) second step, followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No, 405204)). The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 106204).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Krummel MF, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 182:459. (Block Costim FC)
- Krummel MF, et al. 1996. Int. Immunol. 8:519. (Block)
- Leach DR, et al. 1996. Science 271:1734. (Block)
- Wagner Jr, DH, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:1631. (Block)
- Product Citations
AB_313247 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106202)
This product may be used for research purposes only. It is not licensed for resale and may only be used by the buyer. This product may not be used and is not licensed for clinical assays where the results of such assays are provided as a diagnostic service. If a diagnostic or therapeutic use is anticipated then a license must be requested from the University of California. The availability of such diagnostic and therapeutic use license(s) cannot be guaranteed from the University of California.
- Ig superfamily, 33 kD
Activated T cells
- Negative regulator of T cell activation
- CD80 (B7-1), CD86 (B7-2)
- Cell Type
- T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Allison JP, et al. 1995. Science 270:932.
3. Waterhouse P, et al. 1995. Science 270:985.
4. Linsley PS, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:561.
- Gene ID
- 12477 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD152 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.