- 5G3-E7-F11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Growth Factor Receptor Bound Protein 2, ASH
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Growth factor receptor bound protein 2 (GRB2) is an adapter protein that provides a critical link between cell surface growth factor receptors and the Ras signaling pathway. GRB2 is ubiquitously expressed, and has been shown to be essential to various cellular functions. Due to its involvement in cell growth, cell proliferation and metabolism, GRB2 has been linked to multiple tumor malignancies, and thus is a potential therapeutic target for cancer therapy. Recent neurodevelopmental studies also suggest that variations in intracellular levels of adapter proteins such as GRB2 may represent an underlying mechanism that links exogenous signals to cell fate determination.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human GRB2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2 µg per ml. For formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining, a concentration range of 2 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- GRB2 is a 217 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~25 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane, nucleus, cytosol, endosome, and Golgi apparatus
- GRB2 is an adapter protein that binds to activated SH2-containing proteins and plays an important role in determining cell fate.
- EGF receptors, PDGF receptors, and other proteins containing SH2 or SH3 domains.
- Cell Type
- Microglia, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Death, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Adaptor Proteins
- Antigen References
- Ijaz M, et al. 2018. Protein Pept Lett. 24(12):1084
- Paff M, et al. 2014. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 10(11):3322
- Belov AA and Mohammadi M. 2012. Sci Signal. 5(249):pe49
- Gene ID
- 2885 View all products for this Gene ID 14784 View all products for this Gene ID 81504 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GRB2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.