- A17203C (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 protein, Trinucleotide repeat-containing gene 13 protein, ATX2, SCA2, TNRC13, SCA2
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Ataxin-2 is a polyglutamine protein involved in several biological processes including regulation of mRNA translation. Ataxin-2 contains 2 domains, Sm1 and Sm2, that are implicated in RNA splicing and protein interactions. In the brain, ataxin-2 is expressed in the hypothalamus, the brain region that is responsible for controlling energy balance and metabolism homeostasis. Mutations in ataxin-2 are associated with the development of spinocerebellar ataxia type 2. Ataxin-2 mutant protein with intermediate-length polyglutamine expansion (27-33 polyQ) modifies TDP-43 toxicity and is associated with an increased risk of developing amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human ataxin-2 recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1 - 10 µg per ml. For formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining, a concentration range of 1 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Human ataxin-2 is a 1,313 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 140 kD.
Tissue distribution: Brain, spinal cord, heart, liver, skeletal muscle, pancreas, and placenta
Cellular distribution: Cytoplasm
- Ataxin-2 is involved in the RNA splicing, protein interactions, and metabolic homeostasis.
- Ataxin-2 interacts with TARDBP, RBFOX1, polyribosomes, SH3GL2, SH3GL3, SH3KBP1, CBL, EGFR, and ATXN2L.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Antigen References
Carmo-Silva S, et al. 2017. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 28(4):309-318.
van den Heuvel DM, et al. 2014. Trends Mol Med. 20(1):25-35.
Becker LA, et al. 2017. Nature. 544(7650):367-371.
Scoles DR, et al. 2017. Nature. 544(7650):362-366
- Gene ID
- 6311 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ataxin-2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.